• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Bilt Hamber Issue Panoramic Trim

Bilt Hamber suggested it’s UV damage that has made the trim susceptible. UV degradation, the surface de-polymerises and creates a loose structure that when wetted by detergents designed to lift particles (auto-foam) sheds and is left patchy. It's lack of UV stabilisation in the trim.

Nothing wrong with both cars prior to use. Product is supposed to be safe to use on vehicles. On advise liability is with the manufacturer and I foresee this not being resolved quickly. We have a barrister advising to get 3 quotes to replace the trim and engage a lab to repeat the process and provide an analysis that the chemical caused the reaction. A letter has been sent to MB technical but MB have stated it was ok before the product was applied.

The night pack oxidising and seat splitting is with MB dealer and a section 75 has been raised.
Lab testing sounds expensive, and I suspect getting either Mercedes-Benz or Bilt Hamer to accept liability sounds like a very long and very expensive exercise, and unless you enjoy going legal with large organisations then you may find that the cost to you - both financial and wellbeing - may be much greater if you fight.

I hope it’s all resolve to your satisfaction however in the absence of accepting liability then a goodwill gesture may be as good as it gets, and those are becoming very rare even in those cases where there is a very obvious fault and the customer has been a very good customer for a very long time. Wishing the very best.

Thank you for the DMs, and the support is greatly appreciated.

No liability accepted and no goodwill offered. This could have been easily resolved but BH suggested they will defend it all the way and it’s Mercedes using cheap components that’s caused the problem. BH didn’t accept that the component was in perfect condition before using the product.

This is time consuming and we are taking the necessary steps to prepare.

We want others to be aware so a video link will soon be provided that clearly demonstrates the issue on vehicle surfaces.

You purchase premium cars and use premium products yet sadly the large organisations are not forthcoming when it goes wrong.

Wish you luck with your quest, I think you will need it

kc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom