• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Black alloys on black car

I had Black with Black on my R172 55. I am still undecided as to if it is too much, I think that Silver with Black wheels is better.

Attachments

• SLK55 Black.jpg
    SLK55 Black.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 47
I have to say that a black car with black alloys and polished edges looks amazing on most AMG's. You get to to appreciate the massive calipers behind aswell. I put blk rims on my CLS55 which was black and my A45, also in blk again had blk alloys. Both looked spot on in my opinion.

This is a tricky and by virtue of the fact that the matter is being discussed must mean there is some general uncertainty on the point.

I am uncertain too and have considered getting some anthracite/silver wheels on my E class but, the wife says the black wheels are great and suit the car. So, decision made then ;) However, for her to say this came as a big surprise. I think this debate will run and run and we will never see a consensus, which is probably a good thing; life would be boring if we all liked the same thing surely?

Attachments

• IMG_20160727_183356.jpg
    IMG_20160727_183356.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 35
Black on black is a personal thing, I love it, whereas some do not. You'll find that those who deride others tastes are insecure about their own choices.

Here's some of my previous "black on black":
XF-R -

RRS HST -

Q7 4.2 TDI -

I've just put oem matt black E63 wheels on mine and I think they look amazing.

I'll get some pics

I personally think black makes the wheel look an inch smaller.
Dark anthracite maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom