• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Blade Stunner

Mactech

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Bentley Bentayga D V8, BMW i3
I know wiper blade are very boring and mundane right up until the time they come to your attention because they are not working perfectly. I want to never notice mine.
They should be silent, judder free, smooth, smear free and give a perfect clean. I have had to change the blades on almost every car I have bought in the last couple of decades as they did not fulfil all those criteria.
The best I have found (by far) is the Bosch Aerotwin. They are not the cheapest, but I feel it is reasonably important to see where I'm going in any weather.
They seem to win all the 'best wiper' contests, and I can see (very clearly !) why that is. I won't put up with cars (or parts of them) that don't work, so I've just put a another set on the BMW i3 and they live up to all my expectations.

Another vote for Aerotwins from me gives them a clean sweep of the medals 🏅
Although I have also found the German brand Heyner to be excellent and a tad cheaper.

Another vote for Aerotwins from me gives them a clean sweep of the medals 🏅
Although I have also found the German brand Heyner to be excellent and a tad cheaper.
I see what you did there 🤣 ....but didn't puns like that go out with the Ark...:dk:

I've been using both Bosch Aerotwin and genuine MB wipers for nearly 15 years, they are both very very good.

I know wiper blade are very boring and mundane right up until the time they come to your attention because they are not working perfectly. I want to never notice mine.
They should be silent, judder free, smooth, smear free and give a perfect clean. I have had to change the blades on almost every car I have bought in the last couple of decades as they did not fulfil all those criteria.
The best I have found (by far) is the Bosch Aerotwin. They are not the cheapest, but I feel it is reasonably important to see where I'm going in any weather.
They seem to win all the 'best wiper' contests, and I can see (very clearly !) why that is. I won't put up with cars (or parts of them) that don't work, so I've just put a another set on the BMW i3 and they live up to all my expectations.
Well, what a bizarre (if not very interesting) coincidence - just today I replaced them on my i3 too (with Bosch of course).

Put Bosch wipers on the Mondeo last week, unfortunately only Mercedes do blades for the SL at over £100 a set 😭

Amen to the above, although obviously we all also clean our windscreens properly, don't we ?

And use RainX at the start of winter.

Screenshot 2023-09-16 at 22.27.06.png

Put Bosch wipers on the Mondeo last week, unfortunately only Mercedes do blades for the SL at over £100 a set 😭
Yep. The ones with all the little holes that piss the fluid directly onto the windscreen are expensive but great. When I got my SL, I made the dealer fit new ones. They should last a few years.

Yep. The ones with all the little holes that piss the fluid directly onto the windscreen are expensive but great. When I got my SL, I made the dealer fit new ones. They should last a few years.

When the time comes to replace them, you should be able to replace just the rubber strips.

I've been using both Bosch Aerotwin and genuine MB wipers for nearly 15 years, they are both very very good.
Have to agree, had my C207 over 5 years now, with the same wipers, Genuine Mercedes, still work perfectly. 🙂👍

Does rain X work?
Have always wondered

Having no wiper on the back of mine, I might give it a go this year

Does rain X work?
Have always wondered

Having no wiper on the back of mine, I might give it a go this year
Well...yes and no!
It does work really well on unwiped surfaces in daylight. As reported, water beads off very quickly if there is airflow.
However, at night when oil or road grease is mixed with it, it can tend to smear and give rainbow effects on wiped screens.
It does have the effect of keeping visors from misting up on the inside and water beading off the outside, but that's not quite the same environment as a car windscreen with wipers.
Depends very much on the application and...err...it's application....

Bosch for me! Just replaced the wipers on the CR-V ...... The SL ones look fairly new - Interesting that they are an odd size and you need to use MB ones.... I never even considered that.... Hmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom