Blocking Ambulance - Wtf?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Unbelievable :crazy:

Will

Unbelievable !

A permanent driving disqualification would be appropriate for this driver as she has demonstrated that she does not possess the correct mental characteristics to be in charge of a vehicle sharing the public highway with other road users . Her smirking posture outside the court suggests that this is unlikely to change through counselling or therapy .

I would have thought a MUCH longer jail sentence would have been appropriate to make an example of her and deter others from similar behaviour .

A lengthy stint of community service , perhaps carrying out some menial tasks in a hospital , where she might witness first hand the suffering endured by people like the elderly patient in the ambulance she obstructed , would also not go amiss .

One day , she herself might be glad of a speedy response from the ambulance service .

She, and the moron with her both deserved a suspended sentence... BY THE NECK.

Hard to know what to say. Obviously a moron. Stupid with it. Didn't consider the ambulance might make a note of her number plate.

Maybe she was high at the time , as i just can't beleive a normal human being would do that , no matter how stupid they were.

One would also hope that she would find it very difficult to obtain insurance in the future .

One simple way to make this harder for those who might lie to insurance companies about their driving record would be for the courts , as well as placing points and conviction codes on driving licences , to have the facility in serious cases to include a brief summary of the case on the driver's record held by DVLA . It should then be routine for all insurance companies to ask for the driver number and have access to check online with DVLA so that drivers applying for insurance cannot hide their record . A driving licence check could also be carried out at renewal time so that a convicted driver cannot 'slip through the net' simply by not informing their insurer of a conviction and letting their insurance run through a disqualification period . Although any insurance obtained through lack of disclosure would be void , making it harder for such drivers to even obtain insurance 'on paper' and thus appear legitimate might help keep some offenders off the road .

Had to check my calendar to ensure that this wasn't April 1st... can't believe that happened...:mad:

The only thing worse than her conduct in all this is the feeble sentence.

Why in the name of all things Holy was it suspended? :mad:

Why wasn't she done for manslaughter? :dk:

Last edited:
Sadly this would appear to be not uncommon. My wife was transported by ambulance in 2000 after a sub-arachnoid haemorrhage. There were no incidents on our journey but the tales the paramedic told of being blocked in and physically and verbally abused by members of the public whilst the ambulance personnel were carrying out their duties were as commonplace to her as they were unbelievable to me.

The only thing worse than her conduct in all this is the feeble sentence.

Why in the name of all things Holy was it suspended? :mad:

Why wasn't she done for manslaughter? :dk:

Can only assume that the delay wasn't contributory to the man's death:dk:

Lots of ways to skin a cat?

With the evidence presented in the criminal court I would have thought a civil suit brought on behalf of the relatives of the person who died would stand a very good chance of success. That might remove the smile from her face as well as a considerable sum of money from her bank account or earnings!:devil:

Last edited:
Suspended sentence is a joke. Probably because all the jails are full of criminals. People like that do not serve any purpose in society other than to cause grief and then laugh about it.

I've argued this point with people for many years. There's no end of explanations excuses, and believe me I'm already sick of the money wasting bureaucracy we have already.
What we need is nothing less than regular, say five years, full driver retests.
The fact there isn't already shows the utter contempt!

Life does tend to balance out over the passing years. Perhaps one day she will be involved in a situation which necessitates her getting to hospital quickly and a similar thing will happen. She is quite young, so there is plenty of time.
One can only hope.

Whilst I might find her actions reprehensible I wouldn't wish the effects of that on anybody. Maybe karma or kismet will play that part, I have always believed in do (and wish) unto others as you would have others do unto you.

Not uncommon I'm afraid...........

Do any ambulances have onboard CCTV , as our newer fire appliances have ?

Cameras were fitted to fire appliances because of increasing instances of brick-throwing etc , often during malicious calls where crews are called out and 'ambushed' .

I think there may still be union issues about the cameras being on whilst driving to an incident , but they would provide powerful evidence in cases such as the one being discussed here .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom