boing-boing noise from rear end when going over speed humps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marcos116

Car
Mercedes clk 270 cdi
I have a boing-boing noise coming from the rear end of my CLK 270 when I go over a speed hump. Its worst when I have two pasengers in the rear seats. I have had new coil springs fitted 6 months ago and i have visually checked them and can not see anything wrong with them.
Does anyone have an Idea as to what can be causing this.
Thanks. :(

Boing boing sounds like springs. Unless you fitted inferior quality springs or someone forgot the spring pads then unlikely to be them. However if you didn't replace the shockers at the same time they may be allowing excessive movement of the springs causing the noise?

Thanks Graeme.

The garage that fitted the springs did not fit new shock absorbers at the same time as the new springs. I will get them to check the shockers.

Thanks.

Hi
Had this problem myself and discovered the coil spring had snapped at bottom end thus making the spring itself shorter and less a tight fit.
This was causing it to be able to move when moving over humps etc and bounce around and twist.
Look for broken sections of spring at base. look closley as these can be well hidden. My guess is its this ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom