• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Brake caliper re colour

Used them to do a set on mine. Paintwork redone several time as their painter seems to struggle applying a straight line template against the caliper. Forget about the whole 'rebuilding' process. Brake pad guides holes never tapped after being spayed. Bolts tightened half way. Dust seals not seated correctly. Single worst experience I have ever had with a so called professional company.

If you must use them... Dismantle your calipers, takes them apart, replace the bolts and seals yourself, just hand them the bare pieces for spraying. I wouldn't trust them with the rebuild, too dangerous.

Used them to do a set on mine. Paintwork redone several time as their painter seems to struggle applying a straight line template against the caliper. Forget about the whole 'rebuilding' process. Brake pad guides holes never tapped after being spayed. Bolts tightened half way. Dust seals not seated correctly. Single worst experience I have ever had with a so called professional company.

If you must use them... Dismantle your calipers, takes them apart, replace the bolts and seals yourself, just hand them the bare pieces for spraying. I wouldn't trust them with the rebuild, too dangerous.

Or get Pro R Calipers in London to do them, he knows what he is doing. All the Porsche guys go to him. He did mine and the job was top notch.

Alx said:
Used them to do a set on mine. Paintwork redone several time as their painter seems to struggle applying a straight line template against the caliper. Forget about the whole 'rebuilding' process. Brake pad guides holes never tapped after being spayed. Bolts tightened half way. Dust seals not seated correctly. Single worst experience I have ever had with a so called professional company. If you must use them... Dismantle your calipers, takes them apart, replace the bolts and seals yourself, just hand them the bare pieces for spraying. I wouldn't trust them with the rebuild, too dangerous.

Did they apologise and rectify the work? Be useful to know.

They did the whole job, remove, strip, paint in high temp paint mixed to match any colour, rebuild with new seals, pins, bolts etc, refit, new fluid.
Brake Caliper Painting Service UK, better than powder coating

For what it's worth, I wouldn't trust a single word they are saying.

I paid 50% more than you to get mine done and I supplied my own Brembo hardware that I bought from the main dealer (these guys don't do original parts by the way).

Took them over a month and the caliper still came back unfinished.

Did they apologise and rectify the work? Be useful to know.

Countless times. They still didn't stand by the time they'd set and I'm still waiting for the promised refund (Richard? Ted? Barnaby?)

Looks stunning! Very well done on the choice of colour!

Bit lost on this thread now!!!

I think if it was my car I'd get the brakes checked out after hearing of a fellow MB forums problems.

Would I use them I ask myself?

Not sure now!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom