• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Brake caliper refurb

You would probably get some joy from a proper old-school classic car restoration-type place. Few things get repaired these days, lots of dying trades, same with starter motors, alternators and the likes. Either a restorer might do it or have a good contact?
They're quite easy to do dependent on how bad they are - I've done two or three cars. MB do the seal kits.

I've done it before on an 81 500SLC, it seemed like a good idea but good grief it was a pain in the rear. Tool wise, you don't need anything more then compressed air and a cylinder hone (if the cylinder is really bad) and a c-clamp with an old brake pad in order to press the cylinder back in.

If the cylinders are pitted, it becomes a huge pain and given that you can buy rebuilt calipers for most of the older models so cheaply, it's never going to be worth my time to do another set.

From a Google search. Not a recommendation.

BRAKE CALIPER REPAIR

edit. possibly only commercial but worth a try?

Last edited:
Wow, only been on this forum for a minute and already I have solved the problem to what I am looking for. Need to either refurbish my front brake calipers or have someone do it for me. I just tried calling Bigg Red but they are not answering, i'll try later. Thanks already for being so useful.:thumb:

Cheers Ian for that link.

I've still not found a UK seal supplier for my AMG Brembo calipers! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom