Break checked and crashed

• Thread starter Deleted member 108742
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Joined forum ???
Probably for the same reason as you "Amigo Britanico ", boiled down .
I like reading responses from lay people and enthusiasts alike with problems encountered by owners with MB products.
In fact I actually get a lot of cross feedback when dealing with MB owners here Stateside reading these posts .

As an auto repair professional for more than 65 years I contribute to response for diagnostic help at times on these forums.
That's' why I turn up as a Brit enigma perceived by some like YOU .
Some of us are not satisfied by the way with the status quo dished out in the UK to be frank!
And you ? Are you an auto repair professional?
In fact have you ever got your hands dirty by doing manual labour?

As for the USA yes its an amazing place, and so easy to do business in, as an entrepreneur and build a successful business it has to be the tops .
Sadly the UK doesn't come close!
Brits can thrive here in the USA if you get or your fat ****s and work.
'Now I have business in Venezuela and Argentina.
These are tougher places to do business in and you need to speak Spanish with business fluency.
Do you have the Brit "cajones" to do that or are you satisfied to just cruise along in life and get a pay cheque ?
Are you a POM?
That IS the question?
Tuercas viejas
Why so much boasting?

You’ve lived a great life and you are chuffed with it. Your original posts were great, funny and informative but, of late, they have just become a platform for you to boast about yourself.

I’m not interested in any more questions from you, most of which are probably rhetoric.

No Sorry got it wrong
Its called food security ol mate.
Argentina like the US and Canada has the capability of feeding its entire population in time of crisis the UK doesn't. (In fact as sidebar the USA feeds the world)
You should all know all this anyway from your formal schooling, (IF YOU paid attention), and the only time the UK Gubbermint has ever took it seriously was during the last world war. (1939 to 1945)
I don't think it takes it seriously, even today with the BREXIT business & ineptitude .

Now as for losing a war, the UK hanging on the shirt tails of the USA has just lost a 20 year old war losing a lot of blood and treasure. (Isn't there an expression about glass houses & stones in our vocabulary?)
Back in Napoleonic war time British Army got its **** kicked in Argentina & Uruguay by invading, because yes, in those days our forefathers knew we were food insecure as an expansionist empire, having been kicked out of North America by fellow Brits happily gone rogue !
Look up Battle of the of the River Plate & capitulation by the commander Lord Beresford.

Some info for weekend digestion about Argentina.
Its interior has a very large area called the Pampa and its very fertile. Running through the area are three rivers that allow for cheap transportation of AG products out into the River Plate confluence & deep water ports
Being in the southern hemisphere it has cold winters that kill off food destroying insects reducing crop yield.
It has an abundance of fish in the southern ocean.
In the north it has a lot of mineral deposits including lithium which as we know is an emerging business with modern energy storage systems.
Shall I carry on or do you get the picture?
Tuercas viejas
p.s. keep that larder of yours stocked up because I am old enough to remember food & petrol rationing in the UK as a kid.
Hi TV I'm very curious, you seem to be extremely proud of the fact that you no longer live in the UK and that the US, Argentina and most bizarrely Venezuela are far superior.
I am glad that you like it where you are and are living your best life,however berating others for not doing as you have done is both wrong and rather pathetic.
You love the US, we get that but how do you square your perceived lack of wanderlust from the population of this country with loving one where approximately 40% of the population never leave the state they were born in let alone leave the country?
I have to say it does all smack of "the lady doth protest too much" to me. Do you really miss marmite or something?

Joined forum ???
Probably for the same reason as you "Amigo Britanico ", boiled down .
I like reading responses from lay people and enthusiasts alike with problems encountered by owners with MB products.
In fact I actually get a lot of cross feedback when dealing with MB owners here Stateside reading these posts .

As an auto repair professional for more than 65 years I contribute to response for diagnostic help at times on these forums.
That's' why I turn up as a Brit enigma perceived by some like YOU .
Some of us are not satisfied by the way with the status quo dished out in the UK to be frank!
And you ? Are you an auto repair professional?
In fact have you ever got your hands dirty by doing manual labour?

As for the USA yes its an amazing place, and so easy to do business in, as an entrepreneur and build a successful business it has to be the tops .
Sadly the UK doesn't come close!
Brits can thrive here in the USA if you get or your fat ****s and work.
'Now I have business in Venezuela and Argentina.
These are tougher places to do business in and you need to speak Spanish with business fluency.
Do you have the Brit "cajones" to do that or are you satisfied to just cruise along in life and get a pay cheque ?
Are you a POM?
That IS the question?
Tuercas viejas
Hi , I cannot say what I think is wrong with the UK

Why not?

Hi , I cannot say what I think is wrong with the UK

You can... in right thread. And as long as you're not using discriminatory or offensive language.

Because it probably falls outside of modern thinking.
Outside modern thinking !
I suggest its morphed from that old fashioned upper class English snobbery very prevalent in the UK when I grew there in the 1950's.
Today we have car snobs ,driving attitude snobs, holiday destination snobs , house snobs, & what you do for a living snobs (ie. blue collar or white collar as the Yanks call it) Et Al
Even in the 1980's 's working for B/L there was the white lab coat guys like me, who had different collars attached as a sort of status symbol or simply know you bloody place mate ! .
This guy is Tech1 and this guy with the yellow collar Tech 5 in Engineering (yesterday couldn't even spell it now I are one!) & with a red 'un he is Corporate Grade 26 entitled to company car for free like a Dolomite . Whoopty do!

This thread concentrated (originally as it did on the topic of driving ) and over cooking it on a highway exit and doing a bit of damage, in short a fender bender .
Really no big deal,
but Oh boy, Oh Boy the poor OP was picked to pieces by the forum driving snobs, reading him being eagerly chastising for bad driving techniques. & how accomplished they are those a quasi Fiangios responders ~ Oh sorry my bad,. should have said Sterling Moss 'cos he was a Brit not a bloody Cuban/Argie. A foreigner!

Now today with a driver shortage in the UK suddenly you don't give $schit where the driver comes from, as long as you are not inconvenienced at Waitrose and your polished MB ride is not key'd by a fellow Brit miscreant .

Then an overseas member as an ESL contributor was picked on by silly but subtle innuendo, that quintessentially if not unique Brit manner in direct address or the written word when dealing with a foreigner .
Now its de-generated to peanut head !!!
Come on where's your manners.

Now me the enigma.
A Brit gone rogue.

Doesn't think like us, and has obviously lost that intrinsic exclusivity of being a domiciled Brit in the British islands. Why are you on this web site as a member I'm asked ???.
The confusion is only made worse by being a Ven with a cedula which states Venezolano.
Why would a Brit become a Ven? --Oh my brain hurts and it confuses my British sensibilities., (I can tell because I have rudely been asked point blank by a fellow Brit ! )
Argentina comes into more confused thinking, another nation of miscreant Americans like those Yanks who we deep down regard as slightly less cultured than us. (Canucts not quite so but the still talk like Yanks !)

So I turned the table on some of you folks writing "RUDE" about hot button issues as only a born and bred Brit can you.

As an insight I have a farm Argentina, called an Estancia.
I inherited it from my grandfather, who was a 6 years orphaned bare foot boy in North Shields at the turn of the century, became a cabin boy on an Argentinian freighter.
Educated by the Master of the ship (an Argy OMG) he was fluent in Spanish & German by the outbreak the 1st World War .He served the British Crown in the Northern Cyclist Battalion & the Lancashire Fusiliers at Passiondale.
He became a decorated officer in the field in 1917 and served again in the 2nd World War

Now if you know anything, anything at all about Argentina, you will know that its part of Mercosur like Venezuela .
A sort of EU of the south !
And just like the EU, Brits HAD rights of domicile & work in member countries --Get the picture AND contrary to machinations & direct accusation by rude forum members I am not a "Narco Trafiicante "!

I will close this post with a question
For domiciled Brits what makes for you a British hero?
Equally what makes for an American hero?
Think about it before answering.
Hasta La Vista
Tuercas viejas

Just sounds like an old mans ramblings to me.

Mumble mumble mumble, Venezuela, mumble, Argentina, mumble, was ver ver drunk mumble mumble, oh how we laughed.
Yes typical Brit response
I expected as much & I doubt you could read it, and inwardly digest it, as well understand it !
Tuercas viejas

I read it, but it didn't make much sense, I'm afraid. I read it again; it still doesn't. It's a bit like a Stream of Consciousness novel; it just doesn't make sense to me - 'disjointed incoherence' covers it.

I read the first bit, then realised it was what I said.
Ramblings, nothing in context with the discussion at hand, and then something along the lines of a history lesson irrelevant to the discussion.

Mumble mumble......

And yes, a totally 'Brit' response and totally proud of being a Brit......would you like to know some unknown useless facts about British history?

Mumble mumble.

I read it, but it didn't make much sense, I'm afraid. I read it again; it still doesn't. It's a bit like a Stream of Consciousness novel; it just doesn't make sense to me - 'disjointed incoherence' covers it.
Ah but that's your fault, don't you see, you as a brit cannot read, digest and least of all understand the pis$Ed ramblings of another brit. Hang on he keeps using the word brit as an insult yet is one of the group being insulted. Very strange.

Outside modern thinking !
I suggest its morphed from that old fashioned upper class English snobbery very prevalent in the UK when I grew there in the 1950's.
Today we have car snobs ,driving attitude snobs, holiday destination snobs , house snobs, & what you do for a living snobs (ie. blue collar or white collar as the Yanks call it) Et Al
Even in the 1980's 's working for B/L there was the white lab coat guys like me, who had different collars attached as a sort of status symbol or simply know you bloody place mate ! .
This guy is Tech1 and this guy with the yellow collar Tech 5 in Engineering (yesterday couldn't even spell it now I are one!) & with a red 'un he is Corporate Grade 26 entitled to company car for free like a Dolomite . Whoopty do!

This thread concentrated (originally as it did on the topic of driving ) and over cooking it on a highway exit and doing a bit of damage, in short a fender bender .
Really no big deal,
but Oh boy, Oh Boy the poor OP was picked to pieces by the forum driving snobs, reading him being eagerly chastising for bad driving techniques. & how accomplished they are those a quasi Fiangios responders ~ Oh sorry my bad,. should have said Sterling Moss 'cos he was a Brit not a bloody Cuban/Argie. A foreigner!

Now today with a driver shortage in the UK suddenly you don't give $schit where the driver comes from, as long as you are not inconvenienced at Waitrose and your polished MB ride is not key'd by a fellow Brit miscreant .

Then an overseas member as an ESL contributor was picked on by silly but subtle innuendo, that quintessentially if not unique Brit manner in direct address or the written word when dealing with a foreigner .
Now its de-generated to peanut head !!!
Come on where's your manners.

Now me the enigma.
A Brit gone rogue.

Doesn't think like us, and has obviously lost that intrinsic exclusivity of being a domiciled Brit in the British islands. Why are you on this web site as a member I'm asked ???.
The confusion is only made worse by being a Ven with a cedula which states Venezolano.
Why would a Brit become a Ven? --Oh my brain hurts and it confuses my British sensibilities., (I can tell because I have rudely been asked point blank by a fellow Brit ! )
Argentina comes into more confused thinking, another nation of miscreant Americans like those Yanks who we deep down regard as slightly less cultured than us. (Canucts not quite so but the still talk like Yanks !)

So I turned the table on some of you folks writing "RUDE" about hot button issues as only a born and bred Brit can you.

As an insight I have a farm Argentina, called an Estancia.
I inherited it from my grandfather, who was a 6 years orphaned bare foot boy in North Shields at the turn of the century, became a cabin boy on an Argentinian freighter.
Educated by the Master of the ship (an Argy OMG) he was fluent in Spanish & German by the outbreak the 1st World War .He served the British Crown in the Northern Cyclist Battalion & the Lancashire Fusiliers at Passiondale.
He became a decorated officer in the field in 1917 and served again in the 2nd World War

Now if you know anything, anything at all about Argentina, you will know that its part of Mercosur like Venezuela .
A sort of EU of the south !
And just like the EU, Brits HAD rights of domicile & work in member countries --Get the picture AND contrary to machinations & direct accusation by rude forum members I am not a "Narco Trafiicante "!

I will close this post with a question
For domiciled Brits what makes for you a British hero?
Equally what makes for an American hero?
Think about it before answering.
Hasta La Vista
Tuercas viejas
80+ Alzheimer’s bullshit.

Reactions: JHS
He’s got depth of knowledge. He doesn’t offend anyone and has great stories from his travels.
Lighten up DRF
I know ‘Arry, but why does he keep banging on about how brilliant his life has been and mocking us who decide to stay in the UK for various reasons including care for elderly relations?

It just seems boasty for me.

I love his tales but am cheesed off with the hectoring tone.

View it along the lines of all the Australian "backpackers" found behind the bar of every Walkabout et al, constantly bitching that the UK was crap and Australia was so much better. If that's the case, why are you here working in a crappy theme bar? :thumb:

Last edited:
View it along the lines of all the Australian "backpackers" found behind the bar of every Walkabout et al, constantly bitching that the UK was crap and Australia was so much better. If that's the case, why are you here working in a crappy theme bar? :thumb:
Ha, this is so true.

Wow, this thread was hard work though. Need a rest now.

Ha, this is so true.

Wow, this thread was hard work though. Need a rest now.
Yes, Possibly tough to understand & its called the power to insult without really being too direct and pi$$ everyone off
. Ex President Trump was good at it.
I learned a lot from reading the forum responses, even the extremely alarming ones from Brits about senior citizens, and the encouraging private messages from forum members who are in the trade so to speak .
Ostensibly one forum member asked why I post here?
The answer is in the YouTube attachment as a motivational speech by Adm Mc Raven. US Navy Seals . (if you can understand it)
My daughter Doctora Lauren (Venezolana) Pediatrician was in the audience as a grad in BioMed studies. (Class of 2010 )

I had one such speech as an eight year old by decorated WW2 Battle of Britain Hurricane pilot who had no face.
Our Mr "No Nose" , Pilot Officer Green was a hero to me as a boy at the time and sadly having asked who is today a British hero I got nothing .
So here is something to contemplate from the USA .
Tuercas viejas

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom