• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Builder Removes Something He Shouldnae

Need a reliable builder?

Patel & Singh - "You've tried all the Cowboys, now try the Indians."

Just imagine if you did actually buy that house and live there, your lovely AMG would've been tucked up inside that garage !!!

Just imagine if you did actually buy that house and live there, your lovely AMG would've been tucked up inside that garage !!!

I somehow don't see Developer getting a couple of builders and letting them loose on the property, I am fairly certain that he is very much hands on with building projects and that this would not have happened on his watch....

I know I'm looking at this through South East eyes, but I used to live in Brum (grew up there) and I have to admit my reaction was that that is (was...) a hell of a lot of house for under 500k.

Shame it didn't affect the side with the dropped roofline.

I don't mind the dropped roof line...but it did get rid of the awful extension over the garage!!

Substantial property and before "modification" a steal at £475k when compared to property down here. A similar sized house in Devizes has been replaced with 4 5 bed exec homes each selling for around £475k so that could be the result.

Well if its all insured someone is going to get their renovations all paid for by the niceinsurance ccompany.

The owners are reported as refusing to give their names, but one said: “I am just relieved that no one was inside at the time ... “We’ve now got to wait for the building inspector to come. I don’t want to say any more until they’ve been".

Substantial property and before "modification" a steal at £475k when compared to property down here. A similar sized house in Devizes has been replaced with 4 5 bed exec homes each selling for around £475k so that could be the result.

The sold price reflected the property's condition - it was a bit ropey when we bid 11 years ago, and I was able to wander round it a couple of weeks ago, after chatting to the builder - it was basically still the same inside, except 11 years more wear :(.

There are two more on the road currently for sale - pne at £650K and one at £750K.

At £475 it was something of a bargain.

Last edited:
The owners are reported as refusing to give their names, but one said: “I am just relieved that no one was inside at the time ... “We’ve now got to wait for the building inspector to come. I don’t want to say any more until they’ve been".

The site has now been fenced off, by DJM Demolition :crazy:.

developer said:
The sold price reflected the property's condition - it was a bit ropey when we bid 11 years ago, and I was able to wander round it a couple of weeks ago, after chatting to the builder - it was basically still the same inside, except 11 years more wear :(. There are two more on the road currently for sale - pne at £650K and one at £750K. At £475 it was something of a bargain.

So you met the builder, did he strike you as being competent?

developer said:
The site has now been fenced off, by DJM Demolition :crazy:.

Could be the insurers overreacting or a sign of things to come and perhaps the ultimate objective.

So you met the builder, did he strike you as being competent?

A few weeks ago there was an over mantle next to a skip, so I knocked and asked the builder what he was doing with it, explaining my previous connection to the property? He said I could have it :thumb:.

I asked for a look around and noted that there were many floors removed in downstairs rooms, and some new pillar walls being constructed.

Just a guy and a couple of younger lads- hard to judge his competency, though I did note he had a number of Makita tools around the place, which shows he'd got professional gear to hand.

Well, 9 months later and there's been movement (no pun intended), though it's still not clear what the owners intentions are :dk:.

You'd almost want to bowl the whole thing wouldn't you Developer and start a fresh with a whole brand new building with all the benefits a new build brings....??

One of many neighbour theories is that it was toppled to make way for a new build or even a small multi property development.

That would brass me off living opposite that monstrosity for 9 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom