• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Buying a A45 AMG LHD in the uk?

Blue78

Car
C63T Palladium
Hi Guys,

A friend wants to buy an A45 AMG in the uk (lower prices)
But it needs to be a LHD.

Does anyone know this is possible?
And which dealer can do this?

with BMW it's a simple option you can select.

Ask JBD on the site, he will know.

Technically it can be done but as would be for export you won't find someone willing to sell you one. They want you to buy the car in the country it's used in - simply not to upset other markets.

Secondly, if they did agree, it's likely you'll have to pay in full (non refundable) at the point of order.

If your friend cancels upon delivery, what on earth would they do with it!

Flango will know.PM him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't you just buy it with that specification (assuming possible) and then flip it to your friend afterwards ?

Cancels???

Here in Belgium you would never be able to cancel an ordered car.
You pay a deposit on order...

Delivery would be in the uk...
Just driving it straight to Belgium afterwards.

I could understand if MB would demand the dealers not to do this
But for BMW it's not an issue, know several ppl that ordered their M in the uk recently.
And they saved about 20.000euro on an M3 for instance.

I don't think you can buy via normal retail. Maybe via head office in Milton Keynes. I think you can place a special order, we have a footballer who comes in for service who ordered a LHD car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue78 said:
Cancels??? Here in Belgium you would never be able to cancel an ordered car. You pay a deposit on order... Delivery would be in the uk... Just driving it straight to Belgium afterwards. I could understand if MB would demand the dealers not to do this But for BMW it's not an issue, know several ppl that ordered their M in the uk recently. And they saved about 20.000euro on an M3 for instance.

Yes you obviously pay a deposit but how much? Some people are willing to let that deposit slide if circumstances change prior to delivery.

Good luck though, how much is the car in Belgium? I'm from North east UK and work and Reside in Germany at the minute, would be interesting to see the price difference as it's pretty similar here.

All major brands do it - I looked into Audi, BMW and Mercedes but went with BMW. They will filter you through a central dealer i.e. Milton Keynes or Park Lane.

S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom