• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Buying advice wanted

Day and night difference with the PS4S would never go back to Super Sports unless I lived in a hot country
Mirror this comment albeit I went to regular PS4. I’m amazed how much traction there is including in wet weather. The only time I notice a twitchy rear end is when it’s wet and cold (below 2C). But you’ve got to be ambitious to try something in those conditions. I’ve got mine with a 2 year MB warranty and haven’t had to use it on anything (fingers crossed). There are some interior rattles but nothing major.

Mirror this comment albeit I went to regular PS4. I’m amazed how much traction there is including in wet weather. The only time I notice a twitchy rear end is when it’s wet and cold (below 2C). But you’ve got to be ambitious to try something in those conditions. I’ve got mine with a 2 year MB warranty and haven’t had to use it on anything (fingers crossed). There are some interior rattles but nothing major.
Ye I noticed that too but even with the Super Sports at them temps will also be sketchy, in the summer I feel the tyres are the same so for that reason PS4/PS4S is a better UK tyre

No problem. Ask anything you like, I’m happy to share any knowledge.

A word of warning, my car had a full dealer history and I learned the hard way that that wasn’t all it’s cracked up to be.

The previous owner of my car had skipped some essential items prior to selling (ATF fluid change, diff oil change, spark plugs and air filters). But, rather than record those as missed on the system, the original supplying dealer (Mercedes Taunton) just omitted them altogether, so I had no visibility of that on the service documents.

Worse still, when I asked my current servicing dealer (Mercedes Nottingham) if they needed doing (as I knew they should have been done at the mileage I was at), they simply said ‘computer says no’. It took me a lot of phone calls and another £800 to sort out (I have a service plan, but because the items above were missed, they wouldn’t cover them, so I had to pay to have them done separately).

Not saying this is the case in general but just something to be aware of.
I thought that in order for Mobilio to continue then the car has to have FULL MB history with items being done correctly at the right time . So if it’s sold as MB approved used then they are obligated to have the car brought up to the correct service level by playing catch up on anything that’s been missed ?

I thought that in order for Mobilio to continue then the car has to have FULL MB history with items being done correctly at the right time . So if it’s sold as MB approved used then they are obligated to have the car brought up to the correct service level by playing catch up on anything that’s been missed ?
It’s a tricky one you can have 1 c63 with 5 services all done at MB with everything correct to book and another with 5 services at MB with items missed really depends on the dealer.

I imagine it is with an approved used car, but I bought mine from an indie in Bristol. Having said that, my Mobilio cover was still in effect whilst I was sorting out the missing service items, although Inchcape Nottingham wouldn't even entertain a conversation about doing those items that were missed, without me paying for them.

OP did you pull the trigger on a car ?
If you went c63 estate, I've got spare winter tyres and rims I'm looking to offload Michelin Alpin PA4 . They worked a treat for me over 2 winters
C63 has comfort mode, it doesn't misbehave in that mode , I did 30k miles in mine, sport plus mode is where you'll find it goes sideways in bad weather

C43 saloon. Had one for several years. Amazing car. Probably best all round package ever. With performance exhaust sounds amazing inside and outside. Really quick. In normal UK road use you can push it and feel the full force of its performance and sound capability while not losing your license. 4MATIC means all weather use, literally, I've driven it in snow with zero issues. The 6cyl sound is not as deep and bass-ey. The higher pitch sound travels further. My fam knew I was approaching from at least 100m away. In the interior cabin the V6 fills the cabin with a lovely noise. Mine has been rock solid, reliable, not a creek. Servicing etc reasonable

C63S saloon - facelift: this is a whole different league. Cold start noise is amazing. The exhaust sound is totally different - deep bass. However the car has huge power and to fill the cabin with noise needs a driving style that is frankly borderline illegal, if not outright. So in normal driving one doesn't really feel the potential (unlike the C43). Not driven in snow and I would not risk it but seems fine in rain and and cold days. Crabbing in cold is common (zero in C43 if runflats). In a race from lights the C43 would prob win on account of its 4matic (impossible to wheel spin), however, once moving the performance outstrips the C43 in many ways. The brakes are better and the power available on the motorway is just brutal. Drinks more juice but not by much

Overall the C43 is a fine fine car. Really good. The C63S is just a different product. Accept that a C43 purchase will bring a huge smile and slowly an itch for a V8 will develop that will need scratching

However the car has huge power and to fill the cabin with noise needs a driving style that is frankly borderline illegal.
Not strictly true, to get the full aural experience at normal speed, you just need to put it in S+, although it does of course make any drive somewhat 'frenetic' lol

I imagine it is with an approved used car, but I bought mine from an indie in Bristol. Having said that, my Mobilio cover was still in effect whilst I was sorting out the missing service items, although Inchcape Nottingham wouldn't even entertain a conversation about doing those items that were missed, without me paying for them.
To be fair why would they entertain a conversation about missing service items being done on the service plan. Surely a service plan purchased, is for future services, and not for catching up on missed service items from previous services.

It’s not MB dealers fault that the previous owner decided to skip essential service items, dealers would be out of pocket if they decided to include the missed items on the service plan.

To be fair why would they entertain a conversation about missing service items being done on the service plan. Surely a service plan purchased, is for future services, and not for catching up on missed service items from previous services.

It’s not MB dealers fault that the previous owner decided to skip essential service items, dealers would be out of pocket if they decided to include the missed items on the service plan.
Yeah I get that, but what was more of an issue was that at the beginning of that conversation, it took me a long time to even convince the 'Service Advisor's' (ahem) that I spoke to that the items actually really DID need doing, regardless of who was going to fund them and despite what their 'system' was telling them. Had an absolute nightmare getting anything out of them, which soured my experience.

But you live and learn! I know how to deal with them now, including asking for discounts, which is quite liberating :D

I had a similar issue, however MB paid for the extras to be done. Ultimately the additional items shouldn't be optional.

Not strictly true, to get the full aural experience at normal speed, you just need to put it in S+, although it does of course make any drive somewhat 'frenetic' lol
Agreed , in sport plus the c63 sounds divine but if it has a performance exhaust , just push the exhaust button and all the flaps open even in comfort mode from memory.

Agreed , in sport plus the c63 sounds divine but if it has a performance exhaust , just push the exhaust button and all the flaps open even in comfort mode from memory.
Only at certain RPMs can't remember what unless you have the valve mood fitted which opens them from start up 1st button I press followed by the start stop button
No point having a quiet V8 AMG 😀

Only at certain RPMs can't remember what unless you have the valve mood fitted which opens them from start up 1st button I press followed by the start stop button
I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this, it's now a reflex reaction when starting up (particularly in multi-storey/underground car parks).

I had a similar issue, however MB paid for the extras to be done. Ultimately the additional items shouldn't be optional.
Additional items are mileage and/or time dependent and so if made mandatory then you would have additional item performed twice because you first hit the mileage threshold and then the time threshold (and vice versa).

In the UK new Mercedes cars come with the manufacturers warranty and roadside assistance for the first three years. If buying a car from a main dealer and the manufacturers warranty and roadside assistance expires before the minimum period of the approved used scheme (12 months or 24 months for AMG and promotions), then the main dealer purchases an approved warranty (including breakdown service) for the period beyond that provided by the manufacturer.

That means that it doesn’t matter whether all services or additional items have been performed or not, because the breakdown service is effectively provided as an insurance product (along with the warranty).

I think even before starting up the car you can hit the exhaust button, its been so long since i let go of mine ,2 years now. Funny my gla 45 was so much louder in the Cabin because of so little sound insulation and in comfort mode hitting the exhaust button would deliver fantastic decibels . Sadly they were 4 cylinder but hugely smile inducing and I got tailgated all the time
True, but I still find the sound more 'fruity' in S+. Might just be my ears!
100% sports+ is the rice crispies mode, total snap crackle and pop after every throttle input. I remember one time I was in traffic and some dude walking by asked me to rev it . I did it in every mode and s+ literally half the sound came after I let go of the throttle.

In fact I'd say for the 1st 2 years of ownership of my c63, it was literally just an oversized musical instrument, I used to drive it mostly to try and get as many pops and bangs out of the exhaust all the time for my immature childish amusement. S+ was my favourite mode for that. Also revving it hard towards the red line and shifting would cause a huge whip like bang. Though from a pops and bangs perspective it had nothing on the 2017 Gla, which was just on another level. I need to get my w212 sorted ASAP, it has some catching up to do on the noise front though the engine seems to have a lot of talent for making a huge racket 😝

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom