• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

C class Push chair problems

Hi Guys i have a 2008 C class which of you out there have kids and have to put a pushchair in the car.

because when i look im not sure which will fit and i have even contemplated selling the car :dk:

please help

We have a 98 C Class (W202) and can easily fit a Bugaboo Frog in it. It does take up about two thirds of the boot, but it is quite large for a pushchair.

I had similar problems when we had our first child and sold my Nissan 200sx for a Vauxhall Omega..... huge boot, but not much else going for it.

I think the C class is perfect for a small family, but still keep my eye on any E55s that are available ;)

edit: or a C43/32 estate :D

Last edited:
We've have a Maclaren Techno XT which is suitable for newborns as it can be laid flat. Fits into the boot no problem.

Most modern baby carriers are a triumph of marketing.

Ade

I can offer some recent experiences here- I have 18 month old daughter.
My last merc (C class Sport Coupe) had an ok boot, but not a patch on the current CLK's- it swallows our Quinney Buzz travel system with ease and lots more.
Mrs wxmclk though has had much worse "pushchair" issues. We have just last week off loaded her Peugeot 206 (rubbish boot space & totally unsuitable for young children) for a Nissan Qashqai. The Nissan as expected has bags of boot room.

as mentioned already the Mclaren XT is suitable for newborns and has an umbrella fold which should fit.

We now have in addition to Mclaren XT sport a Phil & Ted which after collapsing and taking wheels of becomes very compact. The Phill and Ted is a pain and quite heavy to load in and out.

Take your car down to mothercare and ask them you want to try them folded in your car they will oblige - (The one in Kew did anyway)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom