• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

C207 Headlight Replacement - Cornering Lights ?

MadManJaMeS

Car
E350 CDI, C207, 2009
Hello All,

Recently on my 2009 E350 i replaced the D1S headlight bulbs.

Easy enough use the little flap in the wheel arch pop bulb out. Replace it, back in job done.

I want to replace the H7 bulbs now on the inside. As they are a bit dim compared to the new D1S.

Any idea how i do this ?

I can get both covers off easy enough. But no idea how to get to the bulbs. I believe they move when cornering too, so i don't want to go about messing them up and breaking something in the unit.
Picture attached to show which lights i mean.
Thanks

Attachments

• Lights.jpg
    Lights.jpg
    891.2 KB · Views: 11
If your light set up is the same as my 2010 A207 there is a H7 lamp in there which you can see from the outside, this is used as the slow speed cornering lamp rather than the active D1s units. There is also a LED sidelight unit in there which I think is the colour you are seeing. They are quite a warm white and if you have gone whiter with the D1s it will be even more noticeable. I did the same and looked at changing the led for a cooler colour. It’s a headlamp out job to change the led unit which I don’t think is a standard size. MB don’t supply different colour lamps so all I could find was eBay type stuff. Decided it was too much hassle and learned to love the different colours. The cornering D1s units are very good I find.

Its the H7 i want to change. I wonder how easy it is to take the whole unit out to get at it haha

You can get the H7s out without removing. There is an access port on the back of the headlight. Bit of a fiddle but I got them in the end.

Yeah i can get to them easily, just can’t figure out how to get them out to change them.

What do you once you got your hand in ? Twist them ?

I’m trying to remember now as it was a while back. I think they twisted out but I remember messing about with a torch and a mirror to have a look. Maybe try that. Once I worked out what was what it was ok. One side was very tight due to pipes etc. moved a couple around to get in.

Yeah i can get to them easily, just can’t figure out how to get them out to change them.

What do you once you got your hand in ? Twist them ?
There's a Spring Clip that hold the Bulb in Place, if I remember correctly, you squeeze the Top of the Clip and it's Hinged at the Bottom!:)

images

The thing is, it feels like a whole assembly needs to come out cos obviously it moves when cornering.

The thing is, it feels like a whole assembly needs to come out cos obviously it moves when cornering.

It is not the cornering light that moves on turns, this just lights up on slow/tight corners.

Ahh okay makes sense

If the h7 you are putting in have the 3 lugs on them ,then they will be twist and pull . Iirc 1 lug is larger than the other 2 .

Hello All,

Recently on my 2009 E350 i replaced the D1S headlight bulbs.

Easy enough use the little flap in the wheel arch pop bulb out. Replace it, back in job done.

I want to replace the H7 bulbs now on the inside. As they are a bit dim compared to the new D1S.

Any idea how i do this ?

I can get both covers off easy enough. But no idea how to get to the bulbs. I believe they move when cornering too, so i don't want to go about messing them up and breaking something in the unit.
Picture attached to show which lights i mean.
Thanks
They are not cornering lights! The cornering light is an H7, situated in the main headlamp section tilted slightly towards the side of the car. You'll see all bulbs face forward apart from one that is stuck in at an angle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom