c250d front coil springs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arno

Car
1996 c250d
I've had this car for two months now and she runs perfectly 180,000 km's. I've however noticed that the front end of the car seems to running lower than the other W203's that I've seen. Other c250d owners said that this is a common problem on the diesel models due to the weight on the diesel engine.

This seems to effect the handling negatively especially on uneven roads. The coil springs does not seem to work as they should. The car seems to drive very hard and not like a mercedes should. The "spring" from the coil springs seem to have gone.

Is this a common problem. Will the replacement of the springs improve the handling ? Someone suggested that I replace them with c280 coil springs. All other front end suspension parts were checked by the agents and are in perfect consition.

I'm new to this forum and would appreciate the help.

Jimmy will know as he had saggy springs on his c250td

what model C250D do you have? as if yours is a sport / espirt the springs will be lower and harder compared to say a classic model.

other things u could check is that your shocks are not worn or tired

similiar happened to my 190e, I had changed the shocks and springs lowering them at the same time which had fixed the problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom