C350 CDI European Road Trip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes I love it to and will be sorry when they take it back and return the audi. Just been up to north London through blackwall tunnel which was stuffed. Felt every pothole and bump in road. Things that I never notice in the S. It feels like a different car than the one I thrased down to Dorset, weird. Perhaps the AMG Sport version is not suited to Londons crap roads.

I think the suspension on the Sport version of the W204 is also a bit lower, so this may contribute to the firm ride. My sport has the 17" wheels which is standard for this model, the 18" are options, the Elegance standard wheels are 16"

jimmymidnight... i'd love to join you in my car for that european trip!!

I think the suspension on the Sport version of the W204 is also a bit lower, so this may contribute to the firm ride. My sport has the 17" wheels which is standard for this model, the 18" are options, the Elegance standard wheels are 16"

I think you may find the facelift W204 has 17" as standard. Especially on the C350 CDi.

I think you may find the facelift W204 has 17" as standard. Especially on the C350 CDi.

The SE still has standard 16" wheels, only the Elegance has 17" as standard. You can't get the C250 or C350 in a SE though.

Picking up my C350 CDI elegance estate on Thursday. I test drove the sport and found the ride a bit hard, however the main problem for me was were the sports seats which I found gave me back ache after only a short while. Much prefered the look of the sport, but decided that comfort was more important to me (plus I can't see the outside when driving :))

The complete opposite to me! I have a C350 CDI Sport Estate on order and just love the sport look. Sod the comfort :). I did spec the Dynamic Handling Pack though which read that it will improve comfort as it has continually variable damping

Out of interest how long did you have to wait for your car? Was it a factory order? I assume it's not an edition 125?

Can the Sport be ordered with the Elegance suspension?

Car isnt factory order as i couldnt wait that long :) Yes it's an edition 125. It's killing me seeing it sitting at the dealers and being unable to drive it until Thursday.

125 Edition

Hi all,

I've got BMW 320D M Sport Edition, bought new three years ago. I test drove the C250 Sport 125 Saloon yesterday and am totally smitten with the ride, feel, power and equipmewnt levels. It beats the 335 D into the sidelines.

I want to order the C350 CDI Sport Edition with a few options, and was wondering if anyone knew what the cut-off date for new factory orders is? I have heard rumour that 125 edition production is due to cease in October!

Any views on this?

Best regards!

Hi all,

I've got BMW 320D M Sport Edition, bought new three years ago. I test drove the C250 Sport 125 Saloon yesterday and am totally smitten with the ride, feel, power and equipmewnt levels. It beats the 335 D into the sidelines.

Hence the reason my 335D is about to be replaced by a C350CDI

I want to order the C350 CDI Sport Edition with a few options, and was wondering if anyone knew what the cut-off date for new factory orders is? I have heard rumour that 125 edition production is due to cease in October!

Any views on this?

Best regards!

When I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago, it was already built and on it's way to the UK. When I asked about factory build (because I wanted silver not black) the delivery date was December,

BUT

I was told the reason for the 125 is that MB can't get the Audio 20 CD players right now dues to the Japanese tsunami. So rather than make people wait and wait, the easy option was to give Nav as standard and make it a special edition.

So one would expect that as soon as they have managed to source a new supply of CD players, the 125 edition will be no more.

There was also talk of the Nav units starting to become thin on the ground as well.

But as the only real difference between the Sport and the 125 Sport is Nav even if you leave it too late, it's not the end of the world is it.

Can the Sport be ordered with the Elegance suspension?
Not possible I suspect and no need as long as you stick to the 17 inch wheels which I think as others do on here are standard. The ride is fine and if you want more precision just push the sport button. Even then the ride is perfectly acceptable in my view

I can confirm that the 125 edition of the C class finishes at the end of October, I was shown the dealer bulletin when I suggested it was to extract an order out of me a bit faster.

I am a little confused though as it stated "production of the 125 edition ceases end of October" but mine is being built decade 1 November! I suspect a sudden rush of orders and a slight softening to avoid people walking away.

My 125 edition which I ordered in August isn't due to be built until early November so I hope they don't stop in October!

rothbury said:
Not possible I suspect and no need as long as you stick to the 17 inch wheels which I think as others do on here are standard. The ride is fine and if you want more precision just push the sport button. Even then the ride is perfectly acceptable in my view

MB allow you to down size from the standard wheels as a no cost option.

Currently standard on the C Class Sport is 18 inch and the Elegance 17 inch. So for the sport you can spec 17inch which were standard before the facelift. On the elegance you can go to 16 inch which were also standard before the face lift. I went for the 16's on my elegance and it was a great choice, looks just the same, dropped it into a lower tax group, tyres are about 40% cheaper and the ride is amazing. Wheel width is 205mm rather than 225 mm. So the amount of rubber on the road is virtually the same. In fact the wheel size are the same as the fronts on our SLK which had the SLK280 wheels fitted at extra cost and the SLK holds the road like glue.

I don't understand why MB are upping the wheel sizes, on our roads now it will just mean more alloy wheel damage, harder ride, increased fuel consumption due to greater tyre width plus the tyres are getting horribly expensive so running costs increase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom