C43 AMG Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bit of an update... car is booked in for a full detail, ceramic coating, chrome delete and PPF install on console. Should be done a week on Wednesday. This will leave chrome on the door handles and exhaust tips and I’m wondering if I should sort the handles with by wrapping them or if it’s easy enough to replace the chrome part of the handle. Searching for info on this just brings up covers bit I’m not keen. Has anybody got rid of the chrome on the door handles and, if so, how?

I’m wondering if I should paint the exhaust tips black? Should be easy enough to do but I don’t want to cheapen the look of the car. Would be grateful if someone with black tips on their C43 could post a close up image so I can see the colour/finish. Can’t tell if they’re painted black or if it’s black chrome. Anybody on here just paint the tips themselves?

Many thanks,

CH

Where did you get the PPF console wrap?

I have been looking at a C43 recently with similar spec to yours, 19 reg with the dreaded piano black console as well 🤦‍♂️ my current c200 had it and it does look a bit cheap compared with the wood in my opinion. Still excited for a test drive this weekend 😁

Where did you get the PPF console wrap?

I have been looking at a C43 recently with similar spec to yours, 19 reg with the dreaded piano black console as well 🤦‍♂️ my current c200 had it and it does look a bit cheap compared with the wood in my opinion. Still excited for a test drive this weekend 😁

The console wrap is being supplied and fitted by a local company who wrap cars. It’s an XPEL pattern so if you find a local company that uses XPEL they should be able to do this for you. There’s an option to use their “stealth” product which gives a mat affect if you prefer.
Enjoy your test drive and post if you end up buying the C43. What’s the spec on it?

Premium Plus Package (inc. KEYLESS-GO, Mirror, Parking and Smartphone packages). Seats are not full leather (but not too fussed about that) and the aforementioned piano black trim. Finished in brilliant blue metallic with 19" AMG multispoke.

Premium Plus Package (inc. KEYLESS-GO, Mirror, Parking and Smartphone packages). Seats are not full leather (but not too fussed about that) and the aforementioned piano black trim. Finished in brilliant blue metallic with 19" AMG multispoke.
Nice colour and good spec with the Premium Plus. The half leather is nice.

I did find reference to the following for a centre console replacement....

Good find. I thought I’d go this route but now I have the car the piano black doesn’t bother me. I just want to keep it scratch free though, hence covering it.

Pulled the trigger on the C43 😁 should be here on Friday. Complained about the piano black enough they threw in Stargard inside and out for free - will still probably get it wrapped first chance I get.

Congratulations! What colour and spec did you get? Is it the car you mad ruined before? Take it it’s a 2019 like mine with chrome and piano black? Roll on Friday!

Stunning. Only other thing to consider is maybe lowering a touch.

Thanks Cyclone. Don’t think I’ll lower it but I did consider spacers on the rear wheels as they look too far into the arches. Next thing is whether not to paint the exhaust tips.

Looks gorgeous! How does the PPF on the centre console look? Did it turn out well?

Sort of. The pattern used was for the console with analogue clock so they adapted that pattern by getting rid of the semi circle and making it a straight line. However, the cutout around that part of the console is about 5mm too big so I assume it’s very slightly larger on consoles with the analogue clock. They are asking XPEL if there’s another pattern for consoles without the clock so it’ll be a perfect fit. Also, the PPF doesn’t cover the sides which concerns me a bit. I need to discus further with the guy that fitted it and see what’s happening moving forwards.

Overall I would say anybody with piano black should get this done as you can’t actually tell it’s covered unless you look closely. I’ll post an image later.

My BMW had piano black interior, and one company I spoke to suggested plastidipping it. I didn't go through with it, so I don't know if it indeed possible or worthwhile.

My BMW had piano black interior, and one company I spoke to suggested plastidipping it. I didn't go through with it, so I don't know if it indeed possible or worthwhile.
From my very limited knowledge of Plasti Dip, it's a spray on product so would require either removing the console and all bits of the console that you don't want covered in Plasti Dip. I'm not sure the finish of Plasti Dip would look any better than the piano black. I think it's a rubber affect. I'm happy enough with the XPEL as it will keep the piano black looking new and scratch free. It's the scratches that make it look horrendous IMO.

Took delivery of my baby AMG today 😁 right in time for the weekend! Came with Night Pack already so no need for chrome delete but thinking I may get a ceramic polish after seeing Clawhammer's beauty - at least once the StarGard wears off anyway.

View attachment 97865View attachment 97866
Congratulations and welcome to Club C43!! It does look lovely in blue.

If you’re in the NW I can highly recommend the guys that did the ceramic on mine.

Have a fun weekend with your new toy 👍🏼

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom