• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

C43 AMG w202 estate

I wouldn't say definitely. They could just be cos they look cool. But I'd say 90% certainty they are disguising some rust
I may be inline for a whoosh parrot here. But you do know those arch trims were standard on C36 and (some*) C43 in Europe?
(*some C43's didn't get them, my old C43 saloon Oracle report showed them as delete. Will show as option 776 if fitted)

I may be inline for a whoosh parrot here. But you do know those arch trims were standard on C36 and (some*) C43 in Europe?
(*some C43's didn't get them, my old C43 saloon Oracle report showed them as delete. Will show as option 776 if fitted)
Ahhh, fair enough... Seen a lot of rusty Mercs so am far too suspicious it seems!

I was £50 off (I assumed good nick).
But if saw welded patched on a modern car I'd run... it is not 1983

I had to get patches welded on my 1999 C43 when it was 10 years old - traded it against an E500 the following year.

The MOT history of both that and my previous MY2000 one show LOTS of welding in the years after I'd sold them.

My MY2000 had those arch trims. Yes, there was rust behind them.

MB's of that period had terrible paint over non-galvanised steel.

Blue C43 saloon

Correct colour coolant too! ;)

Interesting that the next stated MOT is due nearly 5 years ago.......... lol

Blue C43 saloon

Correct colour coolant too! ;)

Interesting that the next stated MOT is due nearly 5 years ago.......... lol
Nice colour; makes a pleasant change from Silver. But look at the state of the wheels - properly manky.

M467 XTM
May have graced these pages before, looks like a V5c change earlier this year. Either a quick flip, or someone doesn't like it.
Was owned a couple of years ago by a Mercedes club member, but then has appeared a couple of times on eBay/Car&Classic. Wrong steering wheel, and previously registered overseas IIRC

M467XTM.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------

N761 KRH
Bit of a Unicorn, being factory white.
No MOT since 2018, needs lots of love but nice spec of ashtray delete, factory blind and genuine phone holder moulding.
Wrong cross over pipe, non staggered wheels and has the earlier boot badge, it has the later switches (post Sept 95) so should have the later AMG emblem.

N761KRH.jpg

Seems strange quoting my own post.
Sometimes a germ of an idea is thrown forward with coincidence. A good friend contacted me a few weeks ago, that his C43 AMG estate needed a bit of love and as he already had his saloon, it would be going up for sale, did I want first dibs?
Hell yeah!
Lots of history, will need a little love. oh and of course I will be finding a 5.4Ltr to fit, be rude not to.

View attachment 139514

My plans are moving in a slightly different direction, and the C43 Estate is looking like it will be going up for sale once I have finished some bits and put a fresh MOT on it.
It's had sills and a couple of bits of welding to the floor in the past. I have welded in a new panel of the common drop down section behind the O/S rear wheel, and some small flitch plates at the front of the sill.
A bit like my old C43/55, it's presentable and won't embarrass itself at a Cars and Coffee event.
Probably putting it back on staggered Monoblocks, because they are the best looking W202 wheels.
(S433FOB if anyone wants a nosey at the MOT history).

I was going to £8995 it?, but the black on black estate is £8995 on eBay, though I was sure it had previously been on this thread and some of the under floor looked ropey?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom