• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

C43 AMG w202 estate

I was the highest bidder, he sold it too cheap below £10k.

Reactions: MeQ
New to this chat as tentatively looking at a C36 or C43 and had come across that light blue one and was cogitating. I am current a 560SEC owner looking at alternatives. Will be difficult to leave a V8 for sure.

Cheapest C43 AMG for a long time...
Rot in the usual places, certianly not the worse I have seen. seller contacted me a few months ago and wanted £3k, now a bargain £1500 if you are handy with a welder.
I would be on it myself, but still suffering a case of NFI.

S708 XPP

S708XPP.jpg

Cheapest C43 AMG for a long time...
Rot in the usual places, certianly not the worse I have seen. seller contacted me a few months ago and wanted £3k, now a bargain £1500 if you are handy with a welder.
I would be on it myself, but still suffering a case of NFI.

S708 XPP

View attachment 154111

Damn. The seats, bumpers and wheels are worth more than £1500 if all there.

Less than 5 miles from me .........

Some interior pictures would have been nice,

Still think that pricing level is optimistic but good luck to any seller if someone is prepared to pay.

Is that silver estate (post 666...) worh half as much again, with twice the mileage, as the silver saloon in post 668? Can't see it myself.

If it started out as a 240, it will presumably not have the AMG suspension and brakes, though it does have the AMG clocks. If it's not a true AMG, that could be why it's cheap.

Reactions: MeQ
If it started out as a 240, it will presumably not have the AMG suspension and brakes, though it does have the AMG clocks. If it's not a true AMG, that could be why it's cheap.

Apologies, the description has been added or changed since I first saw the listing. Not cheap then.

-

Usual signs of rust around the arches in the photos, low spec, incorrect front discs, budget tyres etc and no mention of service history - not sure it's a £7k example with the cat marker imho.
Just out of interest, I assume incorrect front discs because they are smaller and not drilled by looking at the photos. Also, what is missing from the spec that makes it a low spec? Just seems to be missing a sunroof to me, but I am not that knowledgeable on these ones.

Just out of interest, I assume incorrect front discs because they are smaller and not drilled by looking at the photos. Also, what is missing from the spec that makes it a low spec? Just seems to be missing a sunroof to me, but I am not that knowledgeable on these ones.
The ones on that car are drilled, but the OE AMG 2-piece front rotors are vented only, with no cross-drilling.

Spec-wise, it's lacking the sunroof as you say, also Parktronic and an electric rear blind. To be honest, I see the lack of sunroof as a plus, as it's less to go wrong, and I hate the look of the parking sensor "dimples" in the bumpers too. There was a Bose audio upgrade available as well.

Both my C43 Saloon and Estate were sunroof delete (as is my C36).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom