• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

C43 AMG w202 estate

1996 C36 AMG.
N15 AMG
One owner, 92k miles. Strong money at £22,500.
At that kind of money, I would be expecting to see the correct intake crossover pipe and at least the cam advance cover. In fact, if that sells for more than £20k, I'm putting mine up for sale!

N15 AMG.jpgcrossover.jpg

1994 build, C36 AMG for sensible money!
M275 OKM £7500.

We may have linked this one before, If its the one I'm thinking of, the VIN decode was originally same cloth as my early C36. I'm sure only Black leather was an option on the early cars.
MOT history looks ok, wouldn't take much to put the little niggles right (wrong grille and side repeaters). even has the very early heater control knobs that usually crack

M275 OKM.jpg

I convinced a friend of mine to try my S202 C43 as he's never had a Mercedes and never liked autos. Tonight he sent me this one and asked if I was available to go and look at with him stating that mine "had left quite the impression".

MERCEDES C43 AMG W202 | eBay

It is quite a rare colour and certainly a welcome departure from silver. What is the consensus on a Cat N for one of these and do we think the price is about right? I know that price is subjective as it is really on worth what someone is willing to pay for it and all that.

Can anyone offer any insight into the car (other than an HPI check obviously), is it known to the group here?

And why do people always get the badges in the wrong place? How can you stand back and say "yeah, that looks right" ?!?!?

Thanks

Richard

Last edited:
Everything about it appears to be amazing.

Doesn't mention the Cat N in the ad; not a good sign. Not very good semi-twilight pictures, liberal use of tyre wall black; not a good sign. Only done 500 miles a year for the last six years, and only 300 since the previous MoT test in 2021; hmmmmm... How many owners in that time?

The seller is a breaker - take a look at his items for sale. His only feedback as a seller for a car item is one neutral, but nearly everything is just a classified ad, so no feedback. My guess is that he bought this for peanuts, and thinks it's too good to break, so he's tarted it up to flip it. It might be truly amazing, and a gem, so go and see it, but don't be surprised if your first impression isn't all that good.

Take a ten-foot pole with you, just in case...

Usual signs of rust around the arches in the photos, low spec, incorrect front discs, budget tyres etc and no mention of service history - not sure it's a £7k example with the cat marker imho.

It's not that long ago a light front shunt requiring bumper and a couple of headlights would Cat N a C43 (especially is it had xenons).
If he wants a relatively inexpensive way into a C43 in a great colour combo, it ticks a lot of boxes. Given recent auction results, I feel its closer to £5k though.
MOT history looks promising, with only a corrosion advisory in 2016.

If this is the same car that i remember, which I think it is, has had a crack to the head, requiring skimming and some welding too. Both banks were skimmed at the same time, very slight weld. This was along time ago though and I'm surprised its still around? Not sure if it was a CAT N back then. No idea if the mileage is original.

As above, check from usual rust to rear subframe and arches making sure no body filler, use a magnet to check.

Also if the owner would allow, see if you can do a compression test. I think the seller has other parts for sale, maybe he dismantles cars for parts?

Good luck 👍

"100% feedback reviews"? Total of two, yes all of two, and one of those is a Neutral... He's a small-time breaker who buys cheapo stuff, sells off saleable parts, then weighs them in at the scrapper.

"100% feedback reviews"? Total of two, yes all of two, and one of those is a Neutral... He's a small-time breaker who buys cheapo stuff, sells off saleable parts, then weighs them in at the scrapper.

The usual then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom