• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

C43 AMG w202 estate

Jack in the workshop is thinking of selling his C43 if its of any interest to anyone on here. Massive history file and only 2 previous owners, please call the workshop if you are interested.

Jack in the workshop is thinking of selling his C43 if its of any interest to anyone on here. Massive history file and only 2 previous owners, please call the workshop if you are interested.

Do you have any basic info please: year, colour, mileage, price?

Reactions: MeQ
Nice interior, that, but unless the 5.5 has much more torque than the 4.3, would the performance not be broadly similar, so what is the point of the engine swap? Not knocking it, just asking.

I wonder what mileage it has covered?

W86 ODM relisted again, now £10,995

That's my first C43. Someone else on here also owned it at one point. I ran it from 2003 to 2006 then replaced it with a C43 estate.

Nice interior, that, but unless the 5.5 has much more torque than the 4.3, would the performance not be broadly similar, so what is the point of the engine swap? Not knocking it, just asking.

I wonder what mileage it has covered?
On paper the CLK55 (which donated its engine) is 342bhp & 376lbft, vs the stock C43 at 302bhp & 302lbft. Sources claim you lose a bit on the W202 installation due to the exhaust routing. Seat of the pants, the C43/55 gets into license losing territory hell of a lot quicker than the C43. The donor engine in that particular one had done around 150k, I wen to see it before removal, to make sure it was a good engine (and also importantly a correct 5.4ltr).

On paper the CLK55 (which donated its engine) is 342bhp & 376lbft, vs the stock C43 at 302bhp & 302lbft. Sources claim you lose a bit on the W202 installation due to the exhaust routing. Seat of the pants, the C43/55 gets into license losing territory hell of a lot quicker than the C43. The donor engine in that particular one had done around 150k, I wen to see it before removal, to make sure it was a good engine (and also importantly a correct 5.4ltr).
I test drove a W210 E55 immediately before driving and buying the C43 and extra power and torque from the 5.5 was very noticeable.

C43 wagon

Further reduced to £15k. First posted here on 8th March (thanks Skd884) @ £20k, then reduced on 20th March to £18k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom