C43 McLaren

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
390hp with a chip tune? Sounds like someone in the darkest of the underworld trying to attract his next innocent victim :D

I know, I asked him to check the V5 in the off chance the engine had been bored, but no chance1

90 bhp increase on a n/a car from a chip tune seems incredible

I looked into a map for my 430 and the most they reckoned it would give was 20bhp.

I didn't think Mclaren and Mercedes did any road car ventures around this time period? Even Mclaren taking the AMG car and tweaking it. I'm pretty sure Coulthard never owned one around this period and in the 1990's I had extensive links with Mclaren and have never heard of this car. Mclaren did take high performance cars of that era and rip out the ECU and replace it with a more sophisticated one along with replacement of some of the other electronic components for the gearbox etc but I have never heard of them doing it to a 202 but I know a man that will know ;)

flango said:
I didn't think Mclaren and Mercedes did any road car ventures around this time period? Even Mclaren taking the AMG car and tweaking it. I'm pretty sure Coulthard never owned one around this period and in the 1990's I had extensive links with Mclaren and have never heard of this car. Mclaren did take high performance cars of that era and rip out the ECU and replace it with a more sophisticated one along with replacement of some of the other electronic components for the gearbox etc but I have never heard of them doing it to a 202 but I know a man that will know ;)

That will be interesting, keep us posted.

I am not sure on this.

I have not ever heard of a 43 that McLaren has tuned. As for 390BHP....BS

The guy selling the car also have the original service book, spec sheet, and V5 with C43 AMG Mclaren Sport printed. It is very odd....

My thoughts, the M113 5.4 perhaps but not the 4.3.

That's what I was thinking. Remapped C55 might get closer to 390bhp. Even with the 55 it will be nearly impossible without some physical modifications.

Checking the plate using one of the many apps available say 306bhp, thou how good these are at times is debatable.

Agreed it looks a nice car and looks like it's been well looked after, but is it a future collectable or just another c43?

Well I was hoping to go & see the car but our times seem to clash.
can only see it after 6 pm on weekdays up to Thursday in London or weekends in Brighton. problem for me is if i wanted it I buy it there but no way of contacting insurance company after 7pm or on a weekend?
Sounds a very nice car though .:(

Ah well back to considering the Mosseman twin turbo or a nice Sec ...

You have 30 days to cancel any new policy or amendments made to your existing policy. All
Insurance companys will cover both cars for 24hrs if required for a small fee. The right car is always worth going the extra mile, the bloke has spent some serious £££ on this car.
Not many that have only had 2 owners to make it happen!

No I dont have a smart phone as they are smarter than I, apart from the fact I can't see the damn things.
Also I would like to pay by immediate bank transfer as I dont carry large amounts on me.
Also (phew) not sure the car is taxed, my hard luck!

Something different will pop & catch my eye ...this was one of them lol

No I dont have a smart phone as they are smarter than I, apart from the fact I can't see the damn things.
Also I would like to pay by immediate bank transfer as I dont carry large amounts on me.
Also (phew) not sure the car is taxed, my hard luck!

Something different will pop & catch my eye ...this was one of them lol

Bank transfers are instant so you can do that when you get there. Done this many of times.

Really?
I didn't think they would do this after Bank hours .

Did one 2 weeks back, they said it might take awhile as it was a largish amount (16500) & might get flagged up if he did it from his phone online. So we went into the other chaps bank, then by the time we walked out & across the road into my bank it was there! Was told it would take a few hours if online as we had not had any transfers between us before & the amount. I don't suppose 4k would put a flag up though.

You need to make more of an effort if you seriously want it. Can't you see the car and leave a sensible deposit if you really like it, then arrange insurance and payment - either bank transfer, cash or whatever else.

It's only £4200, not like it's a newish car for ten times that amount.

Brighton is only an hour away from London anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom