• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

C63 amg w205 hot oil temps

Haaroon

Car
Mercedes C63 AMG Premium 2016
Good Morning all,

I've got a stage 1 c63 amg 2016 w205. Always do the standard maintenance, servicing etc. I've recently noticed that, my oil temps (which are usually in the 78 to 87 degree range are now going into the 92 to 98 degree range.

Coolant and gearbox temps seem okay and I have 37500 miles

So it seems the engine is running hotter? Any ideas? Has my engine thermostat gone?

Don't want to keep running my engine hot and break other things!

Any advice is very much appreciated

Many thanks,
H

Is that hot?....the oil temps seem a bit too cool to me. From an oil website,,,,

What is the normal oil temperature? Normal oil temperature depends upon the type of fuel used in the vehicle. For petrol vehicles, this varies from around 230 to 260F (110-126.6°C). However, it is slightly lower for diesel-powered engines, at around 200-230F (93-110°C).

78 degrees C would not even be enough to evaporate the water from the oil....not a good thing.

Oh... So advice is to get a stage 2 remap and make it hotter? ;)

But jokes aside, generally I only get 100 degrees plus, if I'm in the lakes at high altitude.
78 degrees is a winter oil temp and 87 is a summer oil temp.

But engine seems to be hotter now. So I'm unsure!

My W204 C63 oil temp sits around 105C and I believe that's spot on. It'll go up to 110C or so and down to maybe 100C.

Coolant temperature is different and I think sits around 92C.

They can go to almost 120deg on track.

Good Morning all,

I've got a stage 1 c63 amg 2016 w205. Always do the standard maintenance, servicing etc. I've recently noticed that, my oil temps (which are usually in the 78 to 87 degree range are now going into the 92 to 98 degree range.

Coolant and gearbox temps seem okay and I have 37500 miles

So it seems the engine is running hotter? Any ideas? Has my engine thermostat gone?

Don't want to keep running my engine hot and break other things!

Any advice is very much appreciated

Many thanks,
H
My 2018 C63 oil temp sits at 96 when driving down the motorway but can reach well over 100 when pressed
Sometimes it drops into the 80s on A roads in traffic
Your original oil temps seem low compared to mine

I have the little one (c43). In sport+, not going particularly hard my temps for the engine are always in excess of 100 degrees. Gearbox usually about 55 - 60 but i seem to have developed a habit of downshifting only above 2,5k rpm. Because that’s where the pops and bangs are! The temperatures you mention seem really quite low if anything but i can’t really comment on where they should be, just a bit of anecdotal insight into a different car 😂

My 205 C63 is around 85-90 but in any warmer weather it’s around 100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom