c63 gearbox jerky

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike746

Car
C63 507
my c63 is 2 years old and has 25,000 miles on it. the gearbox feels quite jerky especially from 1to 2to 3rd in sport plus and even in comfort
anyone else find this. my old car was a bentley gt which was so smooth, so may need some getting used to

Mine was the same. Had to have the gearbox addaptions changed by MB but you could try the simple gearboxreset yourself to see if it improves it.

A friend had a similar problem to you, MB changed the throttle pedal.

Is the car under warranty ?

A software update should resolve your issue, it did mine.

If out of warrenty, do the reset yourself, takes 5 mins and costs nothing

2.5 years old, 35k miles and as smooth as could be ... Sorry I can't offer any advice ... But a truly great car ... Still get great pleasure from just turning the key.

1. Turn the ignition key to the on (not start) position.

2. Press the gas pedal to the floor and hold for five seconds.

3. Turn the key to the "off" position (don't remove the key), then release the gas pedal.

4. Wait at least two minutes for ECU to reset.

Maybe worth popping on a ramp to check for any fluid leaks. Mine was weeping around the gasket on the pan especially when hot no real evidence on the driveway (drips etc). If you have the MCT box I believe its due a change @ 31K like mine. Also there is a software update out for the MCT.

New SW fixes that problem after 09/2014 Xentry.
Make Sw update to Transmission Control Unit.

1. Turn the ignition key to the on (not start) position.

2. Press the gas pedal to the floor and hold for five seconds.

3. Turn the key to the "off" position (don't remove the key), then release the gas pedal.

4. Wait at least two minutes for ECU to reset.
Reviving this, but this seems to have worked a treat for me, thanks! My gearbox seemed to be getting itself very confused and it's now happy.

Reviving this, but this seems to have worked a treat for me, thanks! My gearbox seemed to be getting itself very confused and it's now happy.
Worked a treat for me too wgen I performed the reset in November; transformed the smoothness of gear changes. Had to follow a slightly different procedure to reset the TCU as keyless but it was almost as simple.

About a year ago my C63 wouldn't switch out of Comfort mode, even a turn off/on again wouldn't fix it so I attempted the above drill and it rectified the issue immediately!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom