C63 Remap Providers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MetzC63

Car
C63 AMG Perf Pack
Hi All,

I am aware that most remap services use a pre-developed file and the hand-held device or technician just upload this file onto the ECU.

So with that in mind I started to put together a list of providers, trying to see how many use a common file:

SuperChips
https://www.superchips.co.uk/search?make=22&fueltype=1&model=82&variant=2031
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
+54hp +51nm (Requires 200 Cell Cat apparently)

Quantum
Quantum Tuning - Chip Tuning | Engine Remapping | ECU Programming | DPF Solution
+53hp +50nm

SA Tuning
SA Tuning - SA Tuning Remap | Chip Tuning | Engine Tuning | DPF removal | EGR delete
+72hp +55nm (Custom Dyno)?
+53hp +50nm (Hand Held)

EuroCharged / MSL
Site Offline

Stock Car???
+100hp +60nm (headers?)

Celtic Tuning
Do you own a Mercedes Benz C Class? Gain up to 15% of power!
+66hp +43nm

Litchfield
C63 AMG (204) | Litchfield Motors
+40hp +20nm

JR Tuning
JR Tuning UK - Mercedes C63 AMG Remap Tuning - ECU remapping, C63 gearbox remap, C63 P31 Remap
+41BHP +48Nm

Eco Vehicle Tuning
Eco Vehicle Tuning
+66hp +43nm

GAD Tuning
C63 AMG tuning
+57hp +65nm

CKS Performance
AMG C63 ECU Remap
+90hp +51nm (Stock?)

Avon Tuning
Mercedes C - W204 - 2007 > 2010 Remap & Tuning
+53hp +50nm

The ones with 50hp/50nm look to all use a similar map provider...

Are there any others to consider? (aside from custom dyno maps).
Also some figures are questionable, I guess they are from modified cars e.g. cat deletes etc.

You have to go for a custom dyno map. I think MSL do this but they have to open the ECU. Sorry already if I'm wrong.
I had my CLS55 dyno mapped last year by Mallory Performance before a holiday in Germany. Phil did it real time on the dyno and hooked up through the OBD port. In the sitting area outside the dyno bay his info was relayed to screens in real time. Phil took it to 183mph in 4th. When I asked why he hadn't gone to 5th he said "your tyres are only rated to 186mph".
Anyway, he gave me 520bhp and 770nm.

Any reputable place will get similar results on a 204 c63, between 520-530 and it differs between cars (regardless wether it’s 457 or 487 p’pack model) if you want more you’ll have to start changing the downpipes and such, and then there’s supercharging

Typical file provider is eurocharged, but the prices have recently gone up, current version is V7. MSL’s custom maps are a few hundred cheaper and something I’d be more than happy with. My pals previous stock c63 made 530 with an MSL tune, he then got a c63s coupe done at MSL again at 650

Most maps are the same, you just have them tweaked depending on characteristics and sound, and then if you’ve had primary cats out etc

Don't do anything without a dyno.
Not necessarily. A car mapped as often as a C63 doesn't need a dyno. The map has already been refined over many cars and unless you have non stock options like exhaust modifications then there's no need to spend out on dyno tuning.

Manufacturers add the same map to all their engines. A simple remap on a C63 mainly unlocks the top end that Mercedes hid by restricting the throttle opening.

^^^ Thats ok if you are starting with a stock car. I would still rather see a before and after map so I really know what gains had been made on the rear wheels . Each to their own.

Fair enough Pete.

I got mine for £400 and I immediately felt the difference so I didn't feel the need for dyno as the actual power is somewhat irrelevant. It makes five hundred and something...

Hi All,

I am aware that most remap services use a pre-developed file and the hand-held device or technician just upload this file onto the ECU.

So with that in mind I started to put together a list of providers, trying to see how many use a common file:

SuperChips
https://www.superchips.co.uk/search?make=22&fueltype=1&model=82&variant=2031
+54hp +51nm (Requires 200 Cell Cat apparently)

Quantum
Quantum Tuning - Chip Tuning | Engine Remapping | ECU Programming | DPF Solution
+53hp +50nm

SA Tuning
SA Tuning - SA Tuning Remap | Chip Tuning | Engine Tuning | DPF removal | EGR delete
+72hp +55nm (Custom Dyno)?
+53hp +50nm (Hand Held)

EuroCharged / MSL
Site Offline

Stock Car???
+100hp +60nm (headers?)

Celtic Tuning
Do you own a Mercedes Benz C Class? Gain up to 15% of power!
+66hp +43nm

Litchfield
C63 AMG (204) | Litchfield Motors
+40hp +20nm

JR Tuning
JR Tuning UK - Mercedes C63 AMG Remap Tuning - ECU remapping, C63 gearbox remap, C63 P31 Remap
+41BHP +48Nm

Eco Vehicle Tuning
Eco Vehicle Tuning
+66hp +43nm

GAD Tuning
C63 AMG tuning
+57hp +65nm

CKS Performance
AMG C63 ECU Remap
+90hp +51nm (Stock?)

Avon Tuning
Mercedes C - W204 - 2007 > 2010 Remap & Tuning
+53hp +50nm

The ones with 50hp/50nm look to all use a similar map provider...

Are there any others to consider? (aside from custom dyno maps).
Also some figures are questionable, I guess they are from modified cars e.g. cat deletes etc.
Is there another, DMD or something like that I think?

Eco Vehicle Tuning use Celtic for their maps, that's why those 2 show the same gain.

Eco Vehicle Tuning use Celtic for their maps, that's why those 2 show the same gain.

Yeah, exactly why I started looking into a few providers.

I get that a custom dyno map is best tailored to the car but a quick off-the-self remap will still give some good gains and it’s best to find someone who provides the map rather than just resells someone else’s.

Yeah, exactly why I started looking into a few providers.

I get that a custom dyno map is best tailored to the car but a quick off-the-self remap will still give some good gains and it’s best to find someone who provides the map rather than just resells someone else’s.

The most popular map being Eurocharged, who is US based. With MSL as an official UK seller of said maps

Can get the maps direct from Jerry of course, and the hand held. But again, with the price hike and customs charges on top, it’s easier to just buy in the UK

I’m not sure how the C63 works with regards to live mapping but when I had my Chimaera 450 I had a new camshaft, breathing system and bigger injectors fitted and then had a rolling road mapping. The before map was good to see as it showed me the power and torque curves before the mapping and it was clear there were flat spots that needed taking out after the new bits were fitted. The live mapping was great to watch as the tuner could have got more BHP out of the engine but we agreed to lose 10-12BHP in order to get a smoother torque curve. On the drive home the decision to listen to the tuner (30 years experience with TVR’s) paid dividends as the car absolutely flew in all gears and the pick up when asked was stunning and totally smooth. I ended up with a max output of 265BHP but a torque curve of 310ft lbs at 1,500 revs and then rising slightly across the Rev range to 5,500rpm.

Effectively if you can get a live map done you can speak to the tuner and get the performance output that suits you and the car as big BHP numbers do not always equate to smooth acceleration across the gears and rev range and may even make the car a poor drive.

^^^^^Exactly so, Yex.
Plus, Mallory Performance's development car was/is a C63.

And pray tell me, where does one use all this extra horsepower :dk:

Last edited:
And pray tell me, where does one use all this extra horsepower :dk:

I’m not sure how the C63 works with regards to live mapping

All c63’s are the same, same as the e63 with the m156, only Mercedes detuned the C class, more so the regular versions ... if I mapped a model like mine, it would take it to the same performance as yours and Yex’ and further increase the throttle response

Essentially, someone like myself would use that bhp the same way you do, just by driving it! :banana:

Only you guys already have the bhp hike, with the BS having an extra 3bhp. A remap on them will just bring everything equal, performance wise. Delimited from 155 and increased throttle response and in plain terms, bringing the engine back to how it was built before Mercedes put it on a leash. They couldn’t have the C class on par with it’s bigger and more expensive E class brother

To go off on a slight tangent...

Is it true that the location of the XPipe can change the HP/Torque output?

I was advised that an XPipe in place of the secondary cats will give more Torque
More-Torque.png

Where as a XPipe in place of the Resonator box will give more HP:
More-HP.png

(Excuse the crude image editing)

Therefore in the real world, having the XPipe up front will give a more noticable gain.

The x-pipe is always located as close to the front as possible, usually in place of the secondary cats or resonator. The further back its placed the less effect it will have on any gains.

The x-pipe on my E55 replaced the secondary cats.

I’m not sure how the C63 works with regards to live mapping but when I had my Chimaera 450 I had a new camshaft, breathing system and bigger injectors fitted and then had a rolling road mapping. The before map was good to see as it showed me the power and torque curves before the mapping and it was clear there were flat spots that needed taking out after the new bits were fitted. The live mapping was great to watch as the tuner could have got more BHP out of the engine but we agreed to lose 10-12BHP in order to get a smoother torque curve. On the drive home the decision to listen to the tuner (30 years experience with TVR’s) paid dividends as the car absolutely flew in all gears and the pick up when asked was stunning and totally smooth. I ended up with a max output of 265BHP but a torque curve of 310ft lbs at 1,500 revs and then rising slightly across the Rev range to 5,500rpm.

Effectively if you can get a live map done you can speak to the tuner and get the performance output that suits you and the car as big BHP numbers do not always equate to smooth acceleration across the gears and rev range and may even make the car a poor drive.
Julian Lane?

Julian Lane?

Yep, Joolz is a genius with the RV8 engine in particular :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom