Remapping a standard C63 AMG… Wise thing to do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Franzino

Car
BMW for the time
After reading the post about remapping / ECU tuning by Eurocharge in my other topic. I was curious why most people are so enthusiastically about remapping?

I don't know if it's possible to get a Eurocharged remap in my country and what the big difference is to other companies? In worst case I could always do a road trip to the UK and have a Quaife dif fitted in the UK when the time has come ;)
I have checked with the most known ECU tunning company's in my country (Belgium) with the best reputation and for a fair amount (around 1.000euro's) they can remap a standard C63 AMG with 457hp to a car with 510hp. That is a gain of 53hp and 50 Nm and more then the 507 edition with has 507hp.

That's a really big gain for a car with no turbo's. How is this possible? Normaly the gains after remapping on non-turbo cars are not that big. The extra hp and extra torque will this not put a lot of extra stress on the gearbox and drivetrain of the standard C63? This standard C63 was developed to handle 457hp and 600Nm. Or am I seeing this wrong?

I know there is the C63 Performance Package that is an increase of 30HP from the factory and you also have the 507 edition. But these cars have also other internal modification done on the engine to endure the extra power and torque. Is it a safe and wise thing to do for a standard C63 AMG to have it remapped and still have the same reliability on engine, gearbox and drivetrain?

It sound tempting and nice to own a daily car with more then 500hp ☺ But on the other hand does a car that has all ready 457HP and a massive amount of torque needs more power?

Last edited:
From what I read on here the C63 can take the extra power no problem, but I'd also question whether it needs another 50+ bhp.
It struggles to get the existing power down sure

Your seeing it wrong.

An increase of about 50bhp on a car producing 460bhp is not a lot really, theres no stress the engine cant handle and no internal parts are going to fail as a result. It will however be noticeable to you as you drive the car. Iv had my car mapped from 490bhp to 575bhp with no internal modifications and no side affects either.

The main thing about Eurocharged maps is that they are reliable.

I would email Acid at MSL. A lot of people from Europe make a drive to him and iv not heard of anyone complain yet.

Your seeing it wrong.

An increase of about 50bhp on a car producing 460bhp is not a lot really, theres no stress the engine cant handle and no internal parts are going to fail as a result. It will however be noticeable to you as you drive the car. Iv had my car mapped from 490bhp to 575bhp with no internal modifications and no side affects either.

The main thing about Eurocharged maps is that they are reliable.

I would email Acid at MSL. A lot of people from Europe make a drive to him and iv not heard of anyone complain yet.
MSL performance is in Birmingham… For people of the Benelux and other EU countries that is a lot further away then Eurocharged at Watford.

MSL performance is in Birmingham… For people of the Benelux and other EU countries that is a lot further away then Eurocharged at Watford.

Ec in Watford is actually not a bad drive from where you are!

I though the C63 was deliberately 457 to be less powerful than the E63 with the same engine, so different map. So all you're doing is giving it more of the map the E63 has?

I though the C63 was deliberately 457 to be less powerful than the E63 with the same engine, so different map. So all you're doing is giving it more of the map the E63 has?
Good to know… The 6.2 engine in E63 delivers 507hp…is the gearbox also the same in that model of E63 and the C63 (facelift)? Was the 6.2 engine first available in the E63 and afterwards in a detuned version in the C63. That could indeed explain the different less powerful mapping for the lower C class model.

The re map will make a big difference and the engine can certainly take more power

I've recently done mine using the Eurocharged hand held device.
Nice and easy plus you can remove and re install when you want.

Has made a really noticeable difference.
I never bothered on any of my previous N/A cars due to negligent gains but with Mercs inbuilt restriction on the C63 it is certainly worth doing.

Hi, guys, I'm new to the forum and have just purchased a 2012 C63 AMG.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm from Stoke on Trent in the UK and was wondering where the best place is near me to get mine mapped?

if you buy the handhelf device you can buy the map and device from eurocharged and load it yourself as its not live mapped

cant remember tbh give eurocharged a call they will tell you the price its well worth it was one of the first mods i did

I've driven both a standard car with no LSD and mine with Eurocharged map and Quaife diff. Mine without doubt puts the power down better. I rarely get the traction light. However I have also fitted decent tyres which helps.

Have said that the Hankooks that came off only have circa 2.5mm left on them and again rarely saw the light unless it was wet.

I've driven both a standard car with no LSD and mine with Eurocharged map and Quaife diff. Mine without doubt puts the power down better. I rarely get the traction light. However I have also fitted decent tyres which helps.

Have said that the Hankooks that came off only have circa 2.5mm left on them and again rarely saw the light unless it was wet.

Eurocharged Map with Quaife LSD is the way forward.

Enough for daily driving and power at hand whenever you want to express yourself...

Not so good on the tyres or petrol usage though....

:D

Eurocharged Map with Quaife LSD is the way forward.

Enough for daily driving and power at hand whenever you want to express yourself...

Not so good on the tyres or petrol usage though....

:D

Haha I'm sure mine is broken. The fuel is better than my M3 hahaha. I did Solihull to Farnborough earlier on 1/4 tank :D

Hi from where in Belgium?
(Me too)

And yes you could have it mapped with the dongle which sounds as the easiest way for us as then you could also put it back to stock when going in for service as they might check.

Engine/gearbox wise it wont be an issue.
They even take a sc from weistec with +600 so it could take 510/550 all day long.

I've recently done mine using the Eurocharged hand held device.
Nice and easy plus you can remove and re install when you want.

Has made a really noticeable difference.
I never bothered on any of my previous N/A cars due to negligent gains but with Mercs inbuilt restriction on the C63 it is certainly worth doing.

Does the remap also improve the shifting times of the gearbox or anything else?

Is it exactly the same remap with the handheld device as they do in the Eurocharged shop….? Or is still better to drive over there and let the experienced remap-guys do it?

On the website it is cheaper to but the handheld device + remap then only the remap… That's strange?

Q6s5U8.png

z8W4qj.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom