C63 W204 - Values

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Incorrect it is a one off at 3 years/31k miles.
You are correct I've just checked my invoices it was 3yrs with 27,000 miles
I got 5yrs 77-500 of an earlier post by Gazwould years ago i should of checked before posting 🙃

How frequently are you adding or topping up your oil?

I bought my C63 in August last year and have driven about 1500 miles in it. It was freshly serviced when I bought it.

Although I've bought some oil, I haven't added or topped up any in the car since I bought it.

Checking the dipstick seems fine.

I haven't added any either from last service in August around 1000 miles, add when it needs it all engines are different, mileage etc

I haven't added any either from last service in August around 1000 miles, add when it needs it all engines are different, mileage etc
How do you know it needs it? Simply by checking the dipstick? Or will there be an indication light on the dash?

You will receive a message
I always check dipstick aswell but on the older cars i check when cold ie in the morning but apparently with the c63 it has to be up to temperature then left for 1/2hour then its between the top 2 red marks (Atleast the c63 has a dipstick)😃
If im wrong someone will say shortly

You will receive a message
I always check dipstick aswell but on the older cars i check when cold ie in the morning but apparently with the c63 it has to be up to temperature then left for 1/2hour then its between the top 2 red marks (Atleast the c63 has a dipstick)😃
If im wrong someone will say shortly
Yeah I first heard the same. You have to check when the oil is warm.

Spider is it not up to running temp & wait 5min after turning it off?

Incorrect it is a one off at 3 years/31k miles.
Depends how long you want the gearbox to last vs change frequency. Makes no sense that mb spec a one time change on 722.9 up to certain serial number, and after specify 4 years etc

I totally agree as I've mentioned before but the question was MB SPEC
As for engine oil it depends where you read some state 5 mins ,as long as it's up to temp and you allow time to drain back to the sump you wont go far wrong just DONT over fill 😉

Yes, i agree. Only pre face lift i've seen in recent months have ranged from shabby higher mileage examples up for 13-14k, then one or two around the 17/18k mark. Despite the miles i know mine is about as good as it gets condition wise and comes with a complete history file / second set of wheels/winter tyres etc. Was originally going to list at 17k, perhaps thats more like it - we'll see!
Hi Cobra7, can you please drop me a DM - I wanted to ask a quick question about your car... its just hit autotrader. Many thanks.

Hi everyone,

I am back again with a new object, a good one this time with a quite decent list of options except 471. Delivered 2011-09-06 and with 1 missed service in 2013.
WDD2042771F746509
Lastvin = Mercedes VIN Decoder | Decode Your Mercedes-Benz VIN

Attached is the overview of the services adding one a separate page.

2021.04.29 Service A 57245 KM
2020.04.30 Service B 47997 KM

Gearbox oil

Rear axel oil

Spark plugs

Here are pictures that was sent to me.

The car is a days drive from me and the first car that I might travel that long for.
According to the owner, everything is working good mechanically. There is a small ticking noise at the start when the car been sitting for 2-3 or more weeks but disappears. The owner had it for 1 year, however it has quite few owners totally since import 2015.

What do you guys think? Anything I should ask for? Rotors are good, pads have 10,000km left according to the owner and tires gone 6000KM since last summer.

Overview.jpg

Last edited:
The ticking is likely to be a cam follower that ended up compressed when the engine stopped and has drained of oil. Because the fill holes in the followers are small it takes a few minutes of the engine running to refill. If the engine is quiet otherwise I'd say that isn't an issue.

Looks nice to me service is out of sink but at least it has a history go and see it I would then make a decision photos and videos lie I've just done a round trip today of 500 miles with a car transporter trailer and still didn't buy it try and included the LSD in with the purchase price he can only say no goodluck and keep us posted
(Better than the last 1 😁)

Looks nice to me service is out of sink but at least it has a history go and see it I would then make a decision photos and videos lie I've just done a round trip today of 500 miles with a car transporter trailer and still didn't buy it try and included the LSD in with the purchase price he can only say no goodluck and keep us posted
(Better than the last 1 😁)

Flight booked! So excited! And I agree, much better than the last one :D

Is it only me or does the C63 emblem look little bit misaligned? I know it did not have any emblem a couple of years ago, so I guess someone just did a bad job.

Flight booked! So excited! And I agree, much better than the last one :D

Is it only me or does the C63 emblem look little bit misaligned? I know it did not have any emblem a couple of years ago, so I guess someone just did a bad job.
Looks really nice from the photos. Hope its what you are looking for :thumb:
Photo is a bit too small to tell if the badge is a little out of line. Small problem anyway.

The ticking is likely to be a cam follower that ended up compressed when the engine stopped and has drained of oil. Because the fill holes in the followers are small it takes a few minutes of the engine running to refill. If the engine is quiet otherwise I'd say that isn't an issue.
I would second that, my C63 has a ticking in the cold when it's been left for a few days but disappears after a few miles, it has been like that for years.

A follow up question regarding temperatures before I go and see the car this weekend.

I found that regular driving oil temperature is 85C-95C, do you agree on this?
How about water / coolant temperature?

No.

Coolant will be pretty consistent at around 90-92 but oil runs at 100-110 most of the time and quickly climbs to 120-130 if pushed hard.

As above water will not move if you keep it in AMG mode on the dash ie oil ,water temp when oil temp turns white from blue at 80° then you can push it and will rise above 110° no issue's 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom