C63 W204 - Values

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Do you think that the reason for the car having quite a few owners is because they don’t get on with the car being left-hand drive?

Do you think that the reason for the car having quite a few owners is because they don’t get on with the car being left-hand drive?
Well now, in Scandinavia you’d likely have more not getting on with a car that was right-hand drive😉

Sorry I didn’t see that this was freshly imported into the U.K.
I think the car in question is in Germany and a Scandinavian member is buying it to use in his native country.
Nothing being imported into the UK.

I took the plunge on Sunday! :) To respond to above, the car was imported from Germany in December of 2015.
I drove the car about 456KM home on legal speed or almost on a mix of countryside and highway with very few overtakes just to get familiar with the car and not risking my license hehe.
In terms of consumption, my calculations showed 1.01 L per 10KM (27,97 mpg). I did the "full tank, drive, divide fill up on distance driven" method so it is not based on the computer. Now I need to start enjoying it hehe :)

It just looks amazing and feels new with its 37280 Miles :) The springs are changed so it is very stiff but it adds to the sport car experience.

I got three questions to you guys.

1: What fluids or other things I good to always have in the car? I've read that the car in general takes oil so I thought maybe I should keep a couple of L in the car to top off. Maybe coolant as well?

2: I will service the car accordingly to the annual schedule as it been before. What additional maintenance do you guys recommend in order to keep the car in good condition and avoiding potential future issues?

3: In terms of service, I will add gearbox oil change as it been done once as per the instructions of once after 3 year. How about coolant fluid change? Its 150K Miles / 15 year which is a while till then.

Nice to hear that you bought it that mpg is the best you will ever get,now enjoy it 😁 all I kept in mine was 1L of oil but it never used any at all but they are all different

Quick follow up question. The rear view mirror inside the car, is that manually adjustable or electric? I did not dare to adjust it manually as it felt very solid in case it was electric powered. I have memory seats if that affects anything.

Congratulations on your purchase.

Like Spider 10 has stated he carries 1 litre of oil as a precaution just incase the vehicle asked for oil. I also carry 1 litre in the spare wheel well.

I have found the MB 5w40 oil to give better consumption than that of Mobile 1 0w40 oil.

The 5w40 MB oil I have found to be cheaper also.

Like any engines some burn more than others. I have found if I drive the car rather enthusiastically for a period of time, the car will ask for a top up. But like said I find the 5w40 to give better consumption overall.

Thanks everyone!
I will be purchasing a 1L of oil in the upcoming days. Did not have enough time to enjoy the car yet, hopefully this weekend or next one. Found some good countryside roads close by to try manual mode. So far I am very happy and I love the gurgle and start ups :D

The car passed 60,000 km last night. Do you think I should send the car in to the shop for a check the pulleys, belt, condition of the radiator (I read they have plastic ends) and hoses? Or are these checked under Service A or B?

Mine asks for a litre of oil every 6000 miles or so between services.

The best thing I did was fit MPS4Ss all round, a real difference to grip, traction, handling feel and ride over the P Zeros before.

I doubt my MB main dealer would have checked any of those items at either service, unless specifically asked. I just get the impression they do the bare minimum, unless you push them and/or have an excellent service place.

Quick follow up question. The rear view mirror inside the car, is that manually adjustable or electric? I did not dare to adjust it manually as it felt very solid in case it was electric powered. I have memory seats if that affects anything.
On my 2011 E350, it feels something like I'm going to rip the windscreen out before the rear view mirror starts to move.
I've never had a car with such a stiff mechanism for the rear view mirror.

So, reading this thread is making me wonder. I am due to trade in my 2014 W204 E63 estate shortly, against a new C63S. The new car is a given, but my (adult) daughter, who is a car buff, is insisting we keep the old car as its value will go up.
I am sceptical, it’s a great car but too many made to be a classic, is my view. Maybe values will be steady for a while, but storage even with a SORN costs money, and then things will need to be fixed.
But what do people here think?
I don’t have a driveway so any extra car has to go into storage.
Would any of you hang on to a W204 C63 Estate just for financial reasons? I think my daughter is being sentimental.
Here’s a pic of my car. 38k miles, black on cream, 19 inch wheels.

DBEA4B48-4DB6-4E62-BC4C-F071E252E9B3.jpeg

My guess is the bulk of price rises are due to a lot of lucky people having massive holiday, fuel and going out cash going spare over the past 18 months and it's burning a hole in their pocket.
Whilst a lot of sub 10 year old cars have done very well, with values approaching a doubling in some cases, it would be a brave person who could predict which tiny minority of those cars will continue to appreciate above the current peak (also exacerbated by chip shortages etc), and then keep ahead of inflation over the medium to long term.

So on the balance of probability, I'd say your daughter is being sentimental and it's is unlikely the C63 will continue to power up in price, at least, not for the foreseeable future.

If this is looking for a sensible financial approach, I'd recommend selling at this peak. There is already talk of the prices starting to soften in the US. Take the cash, but an out-of-favour 15+ year old car for sub £2k if you still need transport (as these have hardly been hit by the price rises because people who are saving £15k on their annual holidays are looking at C63 cars and not sub £2k older cars), and take the rest and invest it.

Pension if you're a higher rate tax payer. Lifetime ISA if not (as this ultimately translates to something like 40% tax relief: 20% in and 20% out).

Or investment property if that's your thing.

Thanks everyone!
I will be purchasing a 1L of oil in the upcoming days. Did not have enough time to enjoy the car yet, hopefully this weekend or next one. Found some good countryside roads close by to try manual mode. So far I am very happy and I love the gurgle and start ups :D

The car passed 60,000 km last night. Do you think I should send the car in to the shop for a check the pulleys, belt, condition of the radiator (I read they have plastic ends) and hoses? Or are these checked under Service A or B?

Hi , please remember that engine oil recommended is based upon UK temperature.

My guess is the bulk of price rises are due to a lot of lucky people having massive holiday, fuel and going out cash going spare over the past 18 months and it's burning a hole in their pocket.
Whilst a lot of sub 10 year old cars have done very well, with values approaching a doubling in some cases, it would be a brave person who could predict which tiny minority of those cars will continue to appreciate above the current peak (also exacerbated by chip shortages etc), and then keep ahead of inflation over the medium to long term.

So on the balance of probability, I'd say your daughter is being sentimental and it's is unlikely the C63 will continue to power up in price, at least, not for the foreseeable future.

If this is looking for a sensible financial approach, I'd recommend selling at this peak. There is already talk of the prices starting to soften in the US. Take the cash, but an out-of-favour 15+ year old car for sub £2k if you still need transport (as these have hardly been hit by the price rises because people who are saving £15k on their annual holidays are looking at C63 cars and not sub £2k older cars), and take the rest and invest it.

Pension if you're a higher rate tax payer. Lifetime ISA if not (as this ultimately translates to something like 40% tax relief: 20% in and 20% out).

Thank you for the very thorough and thoughtful answer. Seems eminently sensible. I also was intrigued by your investment advice. At the moment we are doing pensions and annual ISAs. So we should not do the pension?
And a bit of investment property. Anyway that is off topic but thanks again.

Who knows how much further prices will go up. I'd imagine yours has the potential to rise further given it's low mileage. But... will it rise enough to cover the annual storage, insurance, maintenance costs? Seems like a good time to cash in tbh. As you say, too many of these for it to become super rare in the foreseeable future.

but my (adult) daughter, who is a car buff, is insisting we keep the old car
Love this. Not suggesting or requesting. INSISTING 😂
Sounds like you might have a battle if you want to sell!

Unfortunately for her, she is forceful but doesn't have the financial means to back it up..but she is very fond of the car.

I have just seen she has done a three-part story on her instagram mourning the car and zooming in on the 6.3 badge. I fear I taught her too much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom