CD Changers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc180k

Car
C180K Avantgarde SE Sport
Hi,

I have a 2004 W203 (pre f/l model). Looking for a CD changer - would either of these fit my car? I have the audio 10 CD player at the moment.

Ta

MC3110 or MC3198

Thanks Malcolm, but where do I see if either of these units fit my car and system? Not too good at reading Russian since leaving school.

You can fairly easily add a Cd changer to your car. Best off getting one with an A203 (D2B) part number as anything else wont fit into the glove box.

Power and data come from the comand/audio10 so wiring is easy!

Come on its in english and the best that you will get, the car in the diagram is LHD and you will see that the holder 190 and the changer 150 goes in to the glove box

Hi,

I have a 2004 W203 (pre f/l model). Looking for a CD changer - would either of these fit my car? I have the audio 10 CD player at the moment.

Ta

MC3110 or MC3198

If you want it to go in the glove box then you want the MC3110.
The MC3198 will work but is too big for the glovebox and there isnt really anywhere decent to mount it unless you are prepared to route the wiring to the boot.
It is discussed in this thread with part numbers and fitting instructions. Good luck.

The CD Changer you require is an MC 3010 (part # A203 820 92 89).

I recently fitted one to my W203 - see my post here:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34916

There are other models that will be compatible with the Audio 10 head unit, however it appears that the 3010 is the only one which specifically fits in the glovebox compartment together with its appropriate mounting bracket. Others are physically too big, or their mounting configurations are wrong.

If you manage to source one off eBay, try to ensure the power cable, D2B harness (probably not required unless other components are fitted on the 'Ring' circuit) and Fibre optic cable are included, as collectively these three items will add a further £40 + to your bill if sourced from the stealer!

Hope this helps!

Alex

Idiot me....doh - - - - - - - just read Nibbo's post above, same link too :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Take a hundred lines......I will read the instructions first, I will read the instr....

Last edited:
Hi,

Ta

MC3110 or MC3198

I have one that i'vejust taken out of my 2003 c220, (didnt want to give it to the dealership when i p/exed the car. I also took out the fibre optic lead. Make me a resonable offer and you can have it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom