Changing the Aluminium Door Panel Sections

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adrianj

Just noticed my passenger door panel has some small dents in it, is it possible to change this without having to change the whole door card?

I think that we are talking of the strip along the top, and the answer is yes, and I had mine off 2 weeks ago.

the door card has to be removed, (I can send details) and its held on with spire clips, just rotate them with a large pair of pliers and pull, you can re use them but cheap to buy

Soz I meant the Aluminium strip along the door.

But I would be interested in how you remove the door panel.

Soz I meant the Aluminium strip along the door.

But I would be interested in how you remove the door panel.

Wind/power the window right down.

There are three bolts, one behind the small SRS airbag plastic cover towards the rear of the door and two underneath the cover on the inside door handle.

Using a plastic wedge, prise off the door handle cover to expose the two bolts there. the SRS airbag plastic cover just pops off. Once all three screws are removed, the small plastic triangular piece of trim at the front of the door (possibly houses a small speaker on some cars) is removed by pulling slightly out and up.

The door panel then un-clips from the frame with a plastic wedge. You may well break some of the clips when you prise them out. with the panel now loose, lift up and off taking care to disconnect the lighting if you have it, the window controller wires from the controller and the door actuating cable.

The trim strips come off easy enough as Malcolm has said already.

You may well think you are changing the whole door card when you find out how much these trim parts can cost!!!

I'm just about to replace the Alu-Linear trim with Black Bird-eye Maple and the six bits come in at just shy of £600 :eek:

I did my centre console a while back and that was only £191 and there is far more to that than these door trims......

You may well think you are changing the whole door card when you find out how much these trim parts can cost!!!

I'm just about to replace the Alu-Linear trim with Black Bird-eye Maple and the six bits come in at just shy of £600 :eek:

I did my centre console a while back and that was only £191 and there is far more to that than these door trims......

I did not mention that the door strip for mine is £300 I think the 3 bits of trim and the steering wheel are over £3,250

You should have asked us for a price ;)

I have replaced all my trim bar one piece on the A class for the Designo black. The most expensive part is the bit around the gear lever at circa £300. MB wanted £352! The door trim strips with some aluminium pedals also came to about £400:eek: The one remaining bit is on order and that I think was another £250! Expensive outing:eek:

OUCH!!!!

On close inspection the Aluminium door trim and the gear lever surround both have some scratches/dents in them so eventually I would want to replace both but I think I need to look at a breakers as my budget won't stretch to those figures, either that or I'll have to suffer them.

Should have looked at the car more closely before I bought it.

You cant remove the dents but it is possible to re spray them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom