• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Cherished number plate

renault12ts

MB Club Veteran
Car
2005 W215 CL500.
On the DVLA the mark I want is £499, but £389 on one of the other sites...why is there a difference?

The other sites will be plus fees.

If the DVLA are advertising a plate, it will be theirs, if the same plate is advertised elsewhere then they'll be simply "re-advertising".

Yep, usually find when you do the click through to purchase on the other site a bunch of fees get added making it more than the DVLA site.

If it's on DVLA use them, it will be hassle free and quick. Mine was sorted out in mins, and on the car within a week.

I think you fins many sites DO have DVLA numbers cheaper.
Even with fees and VAT a plate that is £499 on DVLA will be £496 inc. on some sites.
I think they discount (a few quid) from DLVA for handling the paperwork.

I would still go DVLA if they are advertising it.

if u buy direct is cheaper as it includes assignment fees dealers charge you for it cheaper to buy direct i find

I think they discount (a few quid) from DLVA for handling the paperwork.
I was on a DVLA website recently, and it suggested using a dealer if DVLA hadn't got the number you wanted, and even provided a link. I suppose it's in DVLA's interest, as they will charge transfer fees every time one is bought........

Always buy direct from DVLA if possible. Years ago I had a plate which was bought from Regtransfers. Assignment fees were paid and I had it on retention, which DVLA had a fee of £25 per year at the time. On renewal, RT insisted you send the certificate back with a £75 payment to renew the retention as the plate was still in their name and you was only a named nominee. The £50 was their admin fee to sign and post it. After plenty of arguments, I had it placed on a family member's car and eventually took it off. Certificate was in my name with no extortionate fees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom