Chilli burn

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stwat

MB Enthusiast
Car
1989 W126 300 SE
I chopped a load of my chillies up to roast them and grind them into powder. Washed my hands thoroughly for a good few minuets. Went for a waz. OH DEAR GOD WHY ?????? The pain :eek::eek::crazy:

I'll remember to wear gloves next time !!:fail

Haha, been there, done that!!

I dry roast ours whole, we get them already sun-dried from a Thai friend. I roast them VERY slowly, about 30 mins on a low heat and then grind them up.

Last edited:
When I worked in the kitchens , I once wiped my sweaty brow with a cloth passed to me that had been used to wipe down a chopping board that had had chillies chopped on it.

The chefs thought it an excellent wheeze , while I had to go home , it was that bad. :crazy:

Thought my head was going to fall off

Dog poo rubbed into the hands is the only cure mate. Sorry!

Did the same thing a few weeks back. Cooking/Olive oil is your friend. Cup your hands and pour in plenty. Milk or yoghurt also works. :thumb:

I've got some 6.5 million scoville ones at the moment, if you had those on your hands and went for a wee it would fall off, burns like Nitric acid :eek:

When someone offers you crisp next, drop a few chilli seeds in the packet and wait till they get to the end of the packet and up end it into their mouth to get the last few bits ;)

Cracking joke at the local some years back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom