• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Chris Harris On Cars: BMW M6 v SL63 AMG

Enjoyed watching this yesterday.

That SL :devil::devil::devil:

If only my bank balance would allow.

Shame the SL is such a minger... the front and rear lights are just awful.

Interior is amazing though and it looks like it is a great handler too.

Interesting contrast though. By itself the M6 would look quite pretty. Even though I agree with you about the SL styling - when it is next to the M6 it makes the M6 look much more bland.

moff said:

Interior is all lopsided and the dash isn't inline with the transmission tunnel. IMHO very poor.

Wonder how an R8 and XKR compare to those cars?

Interior is all lopsided and the dash isn't inline with the transmission tunnel. IMHO very poor.

I'm with you on this, I think it is a complete and utter mess, it actually makes me feel awkward looking at it.

Even the comand screen is off centre......

Mercedes-Benz-SL-Class_2013_800x600_wallpaper_8e.jpg

Wonder how an R8 and XKR compare to those cars?

I'm with you on this, I think it is a complete and utter mess, it actually makes me feel awkward looking at it.

Even the comand screen is off centre......

Mercedes-Benz-SL-Class_2013_800x600_wallpaper_8e.jpg

What are you guys on? :dk:

I'm surely be of the worst OCD affected people going and even I think that SL has one of the nicest interiors going!

Have you actually sat in one? The symmetry of the dash is not noticeable from the seats as you only really see it when viewing a picture taken from directly in the middle. I tend not to sit on the centre console ;)

In any case, even if that was noticeable to you in daily driving, it doesn't detract from the fact it is a lovely looking and well made interior.

Great video.

Had one of these for the weekend and agree the interior isn't great for the cost of the car. Loved the performance though.

Aye, after jumping in the car and driving it around I totally didn't notice the off-centre thing. I'll have a closer look later :)

What are you guys on? :dk:

I'm surely be of the worst OCD affected people going and even I think that SL has one of the nicest interiors going!

Have you actually sat in one? The symmetry of the dash is not noticeable from the seats as you only really see it when viewing a picture taken from directly in the middle. I tend not to sit on the centre console ;)

In any case, even if that was noticeable to you in daily driving, it doesn't detract from the fact it is a lovely looking and well made interior.

Haha, I think the quality is fine.
Just felt it was really awkward when I sat in it.
There was an Audi that made me feel the same, the air vents were all different heights.

Maybe I'm just weird.
I like my vents all level, I like my climate set the same for both sides, I like my vents and screen to be central. :dk: :D

2013-mercedes-sl-interior-59.jpg

I sat in one in a dealer and thought the quality was good, but the dash design so irritating I could never own one. I like everything to line up right. Its a mess.

Haha, I think the quality is fine.
Just felt it was really awkward when I sat in it.
There was an Audi that made me feel the same, the air vents were all different heights.

Maybe I'm just weird.
I like my vents all level, I like my climate set the same for both sides, I like my vents and screen to be central. :dk: :D

2013-mercedes-sl-interior-59.jpg

Now, what does bother me about that picture is how the stitching on the doors doesn't match up to the dash. But it's so prevalent in modern cars that I have to tell myself to ignore it :rolleyes:

As for the centre console, it seems like they have take a similar design to the SLS for the top part (in fact, very similar with the vents and screen being in the same places - the vents are the identical solid metal items and feel wonderful), yet the SL itself is not wide enough to accommodate that and keep the lower part in the middle. Unlike the SLS, the width of which is akin to a cruise ship so I could probably fit my home TV somewhere in the dash :p

I sat in one in a dealer and thought the quality was good, but the dash design so irritating I could never own one. I like everything to line up right. Its a mess.

You do relaise that your steering wheel is slightly off-centre in the C-class don't you? ;) It doesn't line up perfectly with the centre of the seat :crazy:

Who bets Steve goes to check and measure now :D

You do relaise that your steering wheel is slightly off-centre in the C-class don't you? ;) It doesn't line up perfectly with the centre of the seat :crazy:

What about the Tesco value motorised screen cover on a pre-facelift W204, seen better plastic in a box of family circle biccies! ;)

Would you even notice the screen being off centre on the SL from the driving seat?

great review from chris Harris, pity top car is not like this anymore....pls keep them posted Karl:thumb:

LOL....

It more or less is lelvel, I can tell from driving it. The 211 was offset and highly annoying :devil:

Mine has proper dash board thats proper symmetrical and is in line with the transmission tunnell...

What about the Tesco value motorised screen cover on a pre-facelift W204, seen better plastic in a box of family circle biccies! ;)

Would you even notice the screen being off centre on the SL from the driving seat?

Yes. Sat in it Karl, would drive me nuts. About the first thing I noticed after the tacky sill plates.

I've not got a lesser Sat Nav in my car, but a proper Tom Tom, my Audio 20 handles the phone, not sure what the COMAND gets you other than a naff fidly to use sat nav. No cheap motorised screens for me, just the last word in motoring nirvana:bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom