Climate control digital display

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
yummeh! keep us posted on results!

The dude with the 209 part number is still trying to offload it.

Does anyone know if this will work with my 2003 W203 ?

Its a steal at £50 :D :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Sorry to resurrect this old thread guys but am really interested in this for my W209 CLK - anyone have any news on whether the new (or old part numbers) will work. Since I've still to put the Nokia kit in, I might as well do this while I've got the centre console panel off.

clk270 said:
Sorry to resurrect this old thread guys but am really interested in this for my W209 CLK - anyone have any news on whether the new (or old part numbers) will work. Since I've still to put the Nokia kit in, I might as well do this while I've got the centre console panel off.
I just checked the parts numbers again, two of them aren't listed any more, two of them are still on there:

A203 830 05 85 : CONTROL EQUIPMENT : EUR 362.27

A209 830 02 85 : CONTROL EQUIPMENT : EUR 207.70

Once again the prices are quite different for what is possibly exactly the same unit. If the stories about one of those items not working properly in a particular car are to be believed, then I would imagine that the item most suited to a W209 CLK is A209 830 02 85, which is also the cheaper one :) . This doesn't mean that it will definitely work, but I would say it was more likely to.

I just used xe.com to convert the price to pounds sterling and it comes out as £142.15. This is just an estimate because prices are fixed in both currencies so the exchange rate doesn't affect the price immediately.

That's not bad for a climate control upgrade is it? Hope that helps! Please let us know what happens as this is a very, very cool mod in both senses of the word! :D

A203 830 05 85 & A203 830 09 85 are the only 2 digital control units that MIGHT work in a W203 (209)...the other 2 partnumbers definitely won't work...and these 2 partnumbers MIGHT work (which is something that seems to be at random...) I installed approx 20-25 of these units myself...some 203s were compatible with both part#s - some with either one of the part3s - some with neither one of these part#s...

greetingz,

Thanks guys, guess its suck it and see time. Will pester the parts department to see what they have to say.

clk270 said:
Thanks guys, guess its suck it and see time. Will pester the parts department to see what they have to say.
If they get silly about it, Whitefield is probably less than 1 hour from you. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom