• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Clk 320 rear caliper

Sdb84

Car
Clk 320 convertible
Hi, can anyone help? I have a clk 320 convertible on a 51 plate and my piston has seized on my n/s rear caliper, replacement has arrived but it has 2 pins holding the pads in place instead of the 1 pin type that I have, will this fit and work until I get the right one if I buy a set of 2 pin pads? Kind regards, Shaun.

If you buy the one pin pads it will work but take it easy as you might have unbalanced rear braking with one side new pads other side old pads.

Had the same problem when I bought new rear pads from the dealer after giving them my VIN number. Gave me single pins and when I removed the wheels saw they were double pin pads!!:mad::(

Just to add, to ensure you do not have a repeat of the piston seizing problem I would advise that you change the brake fluid every 2 years.

Last edited:
Thanks, it was while fitting brand new discs and pads I found out so the uneven wear is no problem. so you say I can fit the one pin pads in to the 2 pin caliper? Will that be ok?

Then it shouldn't be a problem - the calipers should have the same piston diameters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom