clk 55 amg 208 EC switch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lesviffer

Car
CLK 55 AMG A190 AMG VITO VAN
Does anyone have any idea why the light is on, on the EC economy switch? Ideas anyone?

Because the aircon is turned off ?

If you press the button does it go off and the aircon come on ?

Presuming that you have indeed pressed the button it is normally an indication that the system is low on gas.

Presuming that you have indeed pressed the button it is normally an indication that the system is low on gas.

What?

Cant be im afraid! I know very little about Merc electronics, but i know a lot about aircon. My CLK has full gas (checked it yesterday) but when i switch the ECO on it brings up the little amber light (only when fans are on and rolly things are in the blue). The amber light is to tell you that you have in effect disabled the compressor resulting in better economy.

What?

Cant be im afraid! I know very little about Merc electronics, but i know a lot about aircon. My CLK has full gas (checked it yesterday) but when i switch the ECO on it brings up the little amber light (only when fans are on and rolly things are in the blue). The amber light is to tell you that you have in effect disabled the compressor resulting in better economy.

I don't think DM was disputing the fact the light goes amber to tell you economy mode has been enabled.

If the A/C is on, and then the amber light comes on, without you using the EC button it is normally an indication of low refrigerant as the compressor is switched off to protect it via a low pressure switch it can i believe act the same if the refrigerant pressure is to high (too much refrigerant).
greg be aware the O/P's car will have Digital Climate control (standard on the CLK55 I believe) not manual A/C which from your description "rolly thingys are in the blue" you have.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom