• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

CLS (219) Brakes ?

J4CKO

Car
CLS 500
I have a 2008 CLS 500 5.5, not an AMG so it has the normal brakes, the brakes are ok but expected better, suspect that they need a bit of fettling, I managed after a couple of stops from high speed to induce fade, something I have not experienced in a car in a long time, not horrendous but didnt want to push my luck any futher.

I am thinking a change of fluid and some new (Mintex) pads on the front may help, I am off for a couple of weeks from Friday so will have some time to do it, and the weather is improving. Suspect the fluid hasnt been done in a while.

Mine doesnt have the SBC brakes, so is it just a case of bleeding as per any other car using an Easi Bleed ?

What fluid do you recommend ?

Will that stop the fade ?

Disks are within tolerance, but am I better getting new ones, they do have a small lip, dont really want to buy them if I dont need to, any suggestions if I do need them ?

Are the non AMG ones a bit underbraked as standard considering the power and weight of the thing ?

Any other suggestions, not after doing track days or anything, just want that reassurance that the brakes wont turn to mush after a couple of hard applications from speed.

For road use the OEM brakes will be fine. Change the fluid.

Cheers Whitenemesis, yeah, thats kind of what I was thinking.

Notice you have a CLS55, thats next on my list, would love to try one to see what its like in comparison, was amazed how quick this was so the AMG ones must be mental.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom