• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

CLS 219 few boot problems

MRkCLS

Car
Mercedes-Benz CLS w219 350 CGI, Mazda Mx-3 2.5 V6 KLZE
Hiya,

I have few issues regarding the boot of my CLS w219. The auto-closing button has not worked till now ,even though it was illuminated. The third brake light also stopped working recently, so I took the boot trim out to check all the wires and it happened that I found a broken one. I was pretty sure that the brown wire was responsible for the auto-closing button ,so I bought a soldering gun and fixed the problem. Guess what? 3rd brake light works! but the boot didn't want to close that time, so I investigated it further. I found that the boot lid closing assist module was disconnected + the whole mechanism was also disconnected from the hinge. I put it all back together and voila! It is noisy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_QKRmdGyIo

but it works. HOWEVER...when I took the car for a ride and had a speed over 10 miles, I got a warning message of Opened boot (which obviously is not opened). Does anybody know what else can I do to have it fixed?

There is also one more thing that I haven't sorted out so far. The switch on the driver's door that opens and closes the boot doesn't work. I will take the door trim out in next few days and check the wires over there, but the switch is definitely connected (I took the speaker cover off and check the connection + I found a connector which is unplugged and I've got no clue what is it for?).

I will be very grateful for all suggestions.

Regards,

MRk

Attachments

• DSC_0078.JPG
    DSC_0078.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC_0082.JPG
    DSC_0082.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC_0137.JPG
    DSC_0137.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 22
They are noisy mine sounds exactly like yours (god knows why they cant make it silent). Mine stopped working too and I also took it all apart to find about 6 of the wires in the loom at the bottom of the hinge broken or bare. Reconnected them and taped them up and all was well for about a month then it stopped again. Did the same thing again but letting in some fresh wire where it was a bit tight and it works again. I'm guessing yours was disconnected as when it doesn't work its really hard to open and close the boot and it takes ages as you are battling with the force of the motor. Mine either works with both switches or not at all (save for unlocking) so I cant help you there.
By the near side rear tail light there is some form of pump with lots of connecting hoses. Its in a big black case. I'm not sure what it is for but it is that that makes the noise. Its some sort of hydraulic system or air pressure system, which makes me think the system is hydraulic rather than electric and so subject to leaks /loss of pressure. Does anyone know exactly how it works and whether hydraulic leaks /loss of pressure is a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom