CLS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

myromeo

Car
2012 CLS 350 CDI AMG Sport
Seasonal clean of the merc and some friends have asked what my method is so thought I’d share with you

1. Rinse with hose, clean water
2. Snow foam, I used autoglym polar blast, leave for 5-10 minutes
3. Rinse with hose again
4. Wash 🧼 with shampoo. I used autoglym bodywork shampoo conditioner
5. Rinse with hose again
6. Clay mitt until it doesn’t feel gritty
7. Snow foam again
8. Rinse with hose again and dry
9. Apply Polish, I used a cheap DA machine polisher (Argos) and autoglym ultra deep gloss
10. Buff polish off by hand with micro fibre cloth.
11. Tidy up and have a beer. You’ve earned it.

Not a bad finish for a 9 year old car with 80k under her belt.

9F9E4346-08C1-49B2-8D96-102E404BA21A.jpeg

Nice! How long do steps 1-10 take you?

Around 3 hours this time. It’s all quite simple until the buffing off, that bit is the hardest!
Excellent work buddy , if I may be so bold as to suggest putting an “iron decontamination spray“ on the paint after the snow foam ;)

Nice it comes up a treat.

Around 3 hours this time. It’s all quite simple until the buffing off, that bit is the hardest!
@myromeo That's quick! Yes, the buffing can be hard work. Kudos to you for putting in the effort though. I remember many years ago when I had much more time, I would literally spend the entire Saturday cleaning and polishing my car, right down to laying on the driveway in order to fully clean and polish the chrome exhaust tips (the neighbours thought I was completely nuts, but they don't understand our passion for cars, the way we don't understand their passion for stamp collecting :)

Excellent work buddy , if I may be so bold as to suggest putting an “iron decontamination spray“ on the paint after the snow foam ;)
Yeah mate, I need to look in to something like that although to be honest there was very little tar and the likes to address. Joys of the pandemic I guess, not many miles this year!

I also want to investigate sealants too, I've got some extra gloss protect but I've never tried it out yet, never felt the need after the ultra deep gloss application as it holds up well.

Yeah mate, I need to look in to something like that although to be honest there was very little tar and the likes to address. Joys of the pandemic I guess, not many miles this year!

I also want to investigate sealants too, I've got some extra gloss protect but I've never tried it out yet, never felt the need after the ultra deep gloss application as it holds up well.
Whatever you use , you have very little room to improve , it’s stunning already :)

A good 3 hours spent well worth it 👍

You really can see when the car is in the good hands! Great condition!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom