My detailing is no different from 30 years ago - am I foolishly behind the times?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
reminds me of that viral video of a chimp with a machine gun!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You might appreciate this, if you haven’t seen it before …

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
That is how we washed LandRovers when I was in the army.....

The original Range Rovers with the hard moulded PVC seats and no carpets where designed to be washed out internally. We had two on the farm that were regularly hosed through. But this was back in the day when a Rangie was an affordable, usable farm vehicle with actual off road ability......before they became yummy mummy school run tractors full of over sensitive electronics! I remember one was dark green....but the other was a particularly nice shade of hearing aid beige with the interior being pretty much identical!....70s style!

Yep i also wash the car myself, takes 4 hours all in, but don’t do it to impress others, I do it for myself, to ensure it remains as swirl free, and scratch free as possible, and to make sure the paint work doesn’t get dull.

In my mid 50s now, so yes it is becoming a touch harder, but still worth it once done, and as others have said, I also find it very therapeutic.

Ideally would like to wash it every two weeks, but with a full time job, sometimes it can be once a month.
Have a thought for me 6 cars to clean/detail and I am 81. No problem getting down but getting up is a bit of a bugger. Always have my garden chair handy though.

Got a full pic whilst the sun was shining today...

View attachment 130536

Again, no filter, just a wash and then wiped down with FinishKare #425 detailer. For silver I think it does an amazing job.
Lee, you look like you know what you are doing. If you have nothing to do anytime you could always give me a helping hand.

Have a thought for me 6 cars to clean/detail and I am 81. No problem getting down but getting up is a bit of a bugger. Always have my garden chair handy though.
treat yourself to a race glaze rinsing filter. Save you drying them off after washing. You can sit in your chair with a beer and watch them dry themselves lol
kc

Mid 50’s ?!!,
you whipper snapper - wait till it’s mid 60’s ,thats a bundle of fun
Try the late 70's you whipper snapper!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom