Coilovers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Felstmiester

MB Enthusiast
Car
Range rover sport
Anyone using BC coilovers? I know KW are the daddy and you get what you pay for n all that but I've read some reviews online and they've not been to bad. From what I've seen and read they're of good quality, use the same diameter pistons & dampers as KW V3's they just lack rebound adjustment. They seem popular with the jap boys. Well under half the price of the KW's as well.

For what it's worth I'm on the hunt for springs & shocks for my little Mazda and considered BC BR Series Coilover Type RS as they seemed reasonable value. After a few inquiries I was advised to buy a leading brand of adjustable shocks and leading brand of springs instead or opt for a Japanese coilover kit at nearly twice the price of the BC kit.

Now to add a different slant on BC's, the guys over on a U.S. Honda NSX forum (and they'd know their onions) rate them and reckon for the money they are great value compared to U.S. or Jap supplied kits, where they are talking several grand as opposed to a grand for the BC's.

Not much help I know but for the money as those BC's seem to be priced very competitively, so it's probably worth a punt. Horses for courses as they say.

Last edited:
Also If I was going to track the car regular the decision would be a bit easier. The mod would be for looks alone really. The car is not in use daily either.

H&R coilovers are not bad too. Considering them myself.

if u get the bc make sure u grease them as the adjuster can become locked solid

Have you looked at Bilstein coil-overs? I fitted some to my S203, made a massive improvement to the ride/handling and looks (IMHO)

whitenemesis-albums-my-s203-gone-but-not-forgotten-picture3895-bilstein-p14-coil-over-kit-fitted.jpg

Bilstein P14 Coil-over Kit Fitted

Had BC coilovers on my 2002 Lexus GS - had them properly setup by Wheels in Motion and it transformed a 2 ton wallowy water bed into something the hot hatches really struggled to keep up with on corners. Ran them at about half way between full hard and soft and they gave a really good ride, most passengers could not tell the suspension had been changed. Covered a 100k miles on them and the car is now with friends and still fine. So would recommend them.

Thanks for the response guys. I know some may think im being tight but if it ment BC coilovers was absolute rubbish then I wouldn't want them on my car and would stump up the extra cash and go KW. I'm kind of looking to go the weistec route in the near future so every penny saved n all that

Hi all... new to the Merc world but I've been around a number of suspension upgrades on all manner of stuff in the past.

Until today I'd never heard of BC, had to google them, are they linked to apex suspension - which is a Dutch company.

If it was my money I'd be looking at the Bilsteines and having someone like Centre Gravity set it up. KW certainly charge the money but in my experiences with them on Pirsches you don't aleays get what you pay for, I've had inconsistent results across models. That's in fit finish and performance.

What's refreshing to read is that this isn't like the USA forum where there appears to be a widespread belief that just lowering the car makes it handle better

Be very interested to see which way you go as suspension will be my first port of call when I get the right E55

Done a bit of searching last night and it seems that BC now do an ER kit wich is fully adjustable with reservoir but they don't list it to fit the c63. Im going to try calling them today

Done a bit of searching last night and it seems that BC now do an ER kit wich is fully adjustable with reservoir but they don't list it to fit the c63. Im going to try calling them today

They do a kit for C63. However, the reservoir is external. There seems to be a few issues with leaks with other cars fitted with these.
Price about £1800 i think when i last enquired.

Just out of interest anyone with some experience with the KW DDC (with the ECU setup) as this looks tempting

Just out of interest anyone with some experience with the KW DDC (with the ECU setup) as this looks tempting

Both Lee C63 and CraigWeistecC63 have them fitted to theirs.

Excellent piece of kit!
Contemplating this kit myself. But cannot bring myself to fork out the dough...

I use BC BR series on my track car and cant fault them for the price. having the damping adjustment is very usefull as you don't have to have it set too hard when your on the public roads

The DDC set up is amazing and it means you can drive in comfort setting and have suspension nice and soft for general commuting . Then with the press of a button you can stiffen to get a nice firm set up another press of the button and its rock solid.
You can also adjust from 0 to 100 % using the KW app which links to a WLAN module

cant fault it an awesome bit of kit

Lee C63 said:
The DDC set up is amazing and it means you can drive in comfort setting and have suspension nice and soft for general commuting . Then with the press of a button you can stiffen to get a nice firm set up another press of the button and its rock solid. You can also adjust from 0 to 100 % using the KW app which links to a WLAN module cant fault it an awesome bit of kit

Cheers Lee very nice of you. Is it a difficult instal or ?

Just the same as installing any other coilover, but just with additional cables running from each coilover to control unit (which I have located in boot)

Here is the original thread when it was done

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/amg-lounge/[email protected]

Your a bloody pain Lee! I've not stopped thinking about modding my car since you took me for a run in yours on the MSL day. You wouldn't believe the amount of times I've got so close to calling acid to discuss if he's still got that supercharger he had hanging around :wallbash:

Cheers Lee sounds mint so how much was the hole package ?

I genuinely can't remember lol.
Give Acid a shout at MSL and he may be able to come up with a good price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom