COMAND APS - TMC problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pos.k

Car
C220 CDI Estate, Alpine White; Jaguar F-Type Coupe Salsa Red AMG SLC 43 Brilliant Blue
Hey guys,
Over the last couple of weeks, I have been noticing that the TMC info is not being fully downloaded and applied to the routing and maps. It seems intermittent. Yesterday I actually tuned the primary tuner to Classic FM and it grabbed everything within 2 minutes. (didn't help me because I was by then already sat in 5 miles of stationary traffic on the M6 :rolleyes:).

Does anyone know if there might be a simple fix - antenna, software etc. or if it is a significant fault with the secondary tuner?

I have tried resetting the COMAND, and it works perfectly in every other respect.

I think this is just a problem with poor signal reception. I've noticed that TMC is very slow to update when I leave work (Staines) even though there is always part of the M25 congested.
Leaving home, the display is always updated within the 5 minutes it takes to get the M4.
Are you sure that the audio tuner extracts TMC data anyway? If the secondary tuner is designed for the purpose of picking it up, it's unlikely to be a function built into the primary one as well.
Ian.

I think this is just a problem with poor signal reception. I've noticed that TMC is very slow to update when I leave work (Staines) even though there is always part of the M25 congested.
Leaving home, the display is always updated within the 5 minutes it takes to get the M4.
Are you sure that the audio tuner extracts TMC data anyway? If the secondary tuner is designed for the purpose of picking it up, it's unlikely to be a function built into the primary one as well.
Ian.

I am familiar with the time it can take - just long enough for you to have missed the alternative route turn off!! - but still better with it than without (IMHO)

The traffic data is transmitted alongside classic FM as I think that is a single frequency nationwide. It is probably a 2nd (non-audible) tuner feed into the processor of the COMAND that extracts the data whenever it sees it present. When I tune the primary tuner to classic I can see the 'messages on route' racking up where there was nothing before for ages.

On earlier versions if you wanted traffic you had better like classical music :wallbash:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom