COMAND is lost, plenty of satellites

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stratman

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C200 CDI '04Estate
Like the title says, my comand 2 (CD based) has been lost for the past few days. It's in the general area but about five miles adrift.

Before you say "The antenna has died", it has continuously reported between three and six satellites.

I've tried the System Reset in the 'hidden' menu, that didn't work. Neither did switching it off for a few minutes.

Is there a way of doing a 'Hard Reset', since it looks like the System Reset doesn't clear the current location judging by how quickly it thought it was once again in exactly the same incorrect location as before?

Any ideas as to what may be the problem?

No idea, but if you are (sensibly) after a hard reset than I suggest that you remove the relevant fuse for a few minutes then see what happens...

OK, I pulled the fuse which made no difference.

I then explored the menus to see what I could find, and lurking under Settings is Location. Hmmmm......

It asked for town, street and junction, then asked how far it is from the junction (although it didn't seem to be interested in north, south, east or west of it). It thought for a couple of seconds, then pronounced it had accepted the new location.

We'll see how that gets on.

Do you have a supermassive black hole in the boot? That may distort the timing signals from the satellite, and also cause increased fuel consumption and tyre wear.

Do you have a supermassive black hole in the boot? That may distort the timing signals from the satellite, and also cause increased fuel consumption and tyre wear.

...or perhaps the COMAND is correct and it is Stratman that is lost - could be something innocent like a shift in the space:time continuum...or something more sinister like a parallel world...but agreed - lets wait and see what the fuse pulling does!

I'll get me coat! :eek:

I've got a set of golf clubs in there which regularly make golf balls defy the laws of physics :(

Maybe due to the close proximity of the Thames, its sucking your signal downstream

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom