• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

COMAND Settings menu

amwebby

MB Enthusiast
Car
CL500
Malcolm mentioned at the recent GTG at Prestige that there was a settings menu for COMAND, to change the colours etc.

If anyone knows how to get into this for COMAND 2.5 I'd appreciate it.

Malcolm mentioned at the recent GTG at Prestige that there was a settings menu for COMAND, to change the colours etc.

If anyone knows how to get into this for COMAND 2.5 I'd appreciate it.

We stumbled across this some time ago and tried it but it doesnt work. I think the info we found was duff.

Malcolm seemed to think it worked. Malcolm?

You must be able to get into it somehow. I recall Steve at Benz NL modified the startup screen to read MBenzNl instead of Mercedes. I can't seem to get onto their site today though.

Last edited:
Just modified the startup image surely?

Probably pulled it from one of the update disks edited it and burnt a new disk.

I guess so. Something to have a play with tonight;)

I guess that works on the older disks that are not encrypted. At least I cannot make any sense about the content of current disks (I don't mean it would be impossible for others, just quite a lot more challenging).

I guess that works on the older disks that are not encrypted. At least I cannot make any sense about the content of current disks (I don't mean it would be impossible for others, just quite a lot more challenging).

If something can be encrypted, it can by decrypted. Key must be within cd/dvd itself :)

As soon as I will buy comand (still thinking, £900 is quite expensive- especially having TT, PDAa and Nokia phones plus BT GPSes...) I will look into data :)

Cheers
Chris

I was thinking about the software update disks mate not the mapping disks.

If something can be encrypted, it can by decrypted. Key must be within cd/dvd itself :)

As soon as I will buy comand (still thinking, £900 is quite expensive- especially having TT, PDAa and Nokia phones plus BT GPSes...) I will look into data :)

Cheers
Chris

Why would they put the key to the disk? It is sufficient that the unit reading the data knows the key. Anything that is encrypted, can be decrypted, but it may not be easy. You might get it cheaper by buying half of the Daimler AG shares...

Why would they put the key to the disk? It is sufficient that the unit reading the data knows the key. Anything that is encrypted, can be decrypted, but it may not be easy. You might get it cheaper by buying half of the Daimler AG shares...

We are talking about update SOFTWARE disk. How one can update old version if new is encrypted?

Cheers
Chris

Can someone create an image (not iso) of any update disk so I can have a look please?

many thanks!
Chris

I read on a US forum that some versions of COMAND can be switched to an AMG logo, but sadly not the version I have - or so I was led to believe.

I read on a US forum that some versions of COMAND can be switched to an AMG logo, but sadly not the version I have - or so I was led to believe.

But this is when changing settings from the hidden menu. Making it show MBenzNL would not work exactly the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom