• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

COMAND Settings menu

The MBenzNL image on the screen is something that Steve has programmed into the comand. I'd love to know how;)

My first Comand unit in my old c270 came from Steve, when I applied the my2001 update the modified splash screen he had put on it was replaced with the normal MB one.

Hi Alfie,
Glad to see you have posted your usual very helpful posts.

Can you please explain how the owner can still access the Engineer's Menu if they have had all the required service upgrades. I do accept the ETA Upgrade is an optional and chargeable improvement.

regards
John

John,

As far as I know, you cannot access the Engineering menu (other than with STAR) once the updates are applied. Was there something you wanted looked at then? I'm sure it can be addressed around the 13th July ;)

My first Comand unit in my old c270 came from Steve, when I applied the my2001 update the modified splash screen he had put on it was replaced with the normal MB one.

Yep. I figured out how it was done. Its a 'special' version of the MY01 update disk. The image is edited and a new disk 'created'.:rolleyes:

Hi, Alan here, thanks to all for your help, putting all the info together I purchased a disk for £10 from Inchcape that set the headunit - engineering now gone, still reads all reagions and the DVD goes of at any speed above walking pace - it now shows ETA and distance - jams on the correct side of the road and also red triangles and 'no go' signs that it did not before - great. Unfortunatly no matter how convincing MB workshops present themselves, had to do it myself with a lot of advice from you lot out there. Thanks to you all, 'specialy Alfie and Glojo.

Is there a way of finding out what all the symbols mean on the comand display?

Look in the handbook?

Severity of the hold-up.

Think that's the length of the hold-up / jam?

I thought the yellow cars did that.

I get yellow cars for mild delays and red cars for severe delays. Also get warning triangles and stop signs for roads closed this is on my W211 aps command V7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom