Comand Speed Pulse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stratman

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C200 CDI '04Estate
I have recently had Comand installed into my W203 (thanks Alfie) and a little while later managed to get a local independent dealer to enable the cluster display. However during this he managed to wipe all the presets in the Comand unit, so we went through and reset them but when we came to "ABS rotor pulses" or something like that we were stumped so left it alone. (Needless to say I won't be going back there again)

Since then I think the Navigation functions lag noticebly compared to the 'pre-reset' version. I have used the 'hidden menu' to see that some sort of speed imformation is being received by Comand but, and this is the clincher for me, the speed readout on the 'infos' menu lags by about the same amount that the pointer arrow lags the car's real position on the map display, which is about two to three seconds.

Could it be that receiving the speed via the Canbus is subject to processing delay so Comand ideally wants the ABS sensor's signal as it is in 'real time' and therefore gives more accurate position information?

My car is due for a service in about 3000 miles so I'll ask them to reconfigure the Speed Pulse setting at the same time. Does anybody know for certain what it should be for a pre-facelift '04 W203 C200 CDi?

I have recently had Comand installed into my W203 (thanks Alfie) and a little while later managed to get a local independent dealer to enable the cluster display. However during this he managed to wipe all the presets in the Comand unit, so we went through and reset them but when we came to "ABS rotor pulses" or something like that we were stumped so left it alone. (Needless to say I won't be going back there again)

Since then I think the Navigation functions lag noticebly compared to the 'pre-reset' version. I have used the 'hidden menu' to see that some sort of speed imformation is being received by Comand but, and this is the clincher for me, the speed readout on the 'infos' menu lags by about the same amount that the pointer arrow lags the car's real position on the map display, which is about two to three seconds.

Could it be that receiving the speed via the Canbus is subject to processing delay so Comand ideally wants the ABS sensor's signal as it is in 'real time' and therefore gives more accurate position information?

My car is due for a service in about 3000 miles so I'll ask them to reconfigure the Speed Pulse setting at the same time. Does anybody know for certain what it should be for a pre-facelift '04 W203 C200 CDi?

Oh dear!

I believe the speed pulse setting is hex 30 which is 48 decimal.

I would be inclined to also validate the tyre parameters. (front tyre)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom