Command Bluetooth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Monkey

Car
2004 C230K
Hi All

My mercedes is pre-wired for a mobile phone and I currently have a sony ericsson phone working fine in cradle. However, I am thinking of upgrading my phone and begrudge paying the price for a new phone cradle from MB.

My command system shows a bluetooth option but when I try to connect to any of my existing phones it finds them but will not actually connect properly to work with them. Someone suggested that it might need a software update ....

Has anyone ever had this problem, had a software update or any advice on how to resolve?

Any advice as always much appreciated.

Cheers
Lynne

The Bluetooth on Comand only hooks up to a headset. It's pretty useless.

Depending on the age of your car you need to change the cradle for a Hands Free Profile Bluetooth unit, or SAP Bluetooth. SAP works with fewer phones, but integrates better with those that do work.

If your car is older and has the non removable cradle you can get a Visseo unit that sits in the cradle, and uses Bluetooth by 'pretending' to be an older phone and transferring by Bluetooth to newer phones etc.

Hi cheers for the info, very helpful .... will keep an eye out for a bluetooth cradle on fleabay :) as refuse to pay MB inflated prices ! I keep on learning new things about this car and I have had it nearly a year :doh:

Assuming you have the connector for the exchangeable cradle system your best off with the ViseeO MB-2. It is software upgradeable to support future phones and it works well.
http://www.comandonline.co.uk/Cradles-and-Bluetooth-Adapters/
Actually MB has released service tools for their cradles and BT adapters that should make SW updates possible for those too. It is a special cable to be connected to a Star computer. The MB-2 anyway is most likely a good choice for a BT HF profile phone.

Cheers guys - much appreciated :thumb:

I have my BB Bold connect to Command over Bluetooth for phone and exchanged address book details - despite dealer telling me this wasn't possible.

Try this site... Home

I have my BB Bold connect to Command over Bluetooth for phone and exchanged address book details - despite dealer telling me this wasn't possible.

Try this site... Home

kamal many thanks
this is always a bit of a game for me
i have now located info for the next phone that i shall get.....
i m feeling quite clever !:cool:
cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom