Compatible phones

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beetnik

Car
Volvo V60 2.4 bi-turbo: SLK 200
I used to have a link to a site showing which phones were compatible with MB cars but I've lost it.

Can anyone enlighten me?

I used to have a link to a site showing which phones were compatible with MB cars but I've lost it.

Can anyone enlighten me?

The info used to be available here:
Mercedes-Benz Accessories GmbH - Home

Now for some reason the English language selection has been lost but the poster covering cradles and BT adapters includes a list of supported phones (direct links do not always work, if not, browse from the first one).
MBA-NewsPortal - Benutzer-Login

But this list is not complete at all, I would consider it almost useless. Any phone that supports BT SAP is worth trying with the BT SAP adapter and any other phone supporting BT is worth trying with the BT HF adapter.

Got a Samsung Omnia which is not listed as compatible and which runs Windows Mobile OS which is supposed not to work - but it does :bannana:

Despite what MB say I got the SAP V2 cradle working perfectly with a cheapish Samsung SGH-G600 phone, contacts work really well with no need to press button or anything to get them to synch.

Pairing it is a bit more complex than usual. It took a couple of attempts but the phone asked for the phone code on the Merc dash and accepted it. It then started to flash Remote sim mode connected and disconnected a few seconds afterwards every 30 seconds on the phone. To fix this you go into the blue tooth device list on the Samsung and authorise the one called "MB", it all works perfectly after you do this.

Despite what MB say I got the SAP V2 cradle working perfectly with a cheapish Samsung SGH-G600 phone, contacts work really well with no need to press button or anything to get them to synch.

I don't think the list MB gives should be considered black and white, phones that work and phones that do not. Instead it should cover phones that MB has verified working with their HF kit.

I don't think the list MB gives should be considered black and white, phones that work and phones that do not. Instead it should cover phones that MB has verified working with their HF kit.

I think MB should list phones that support SAP but they found to be incompatible too. Landrover have a much better system, the website tells you if the phone works, which features work and the firmware versions tested.

Last edited:
Surprsingly the Samsung Tocco Lite does not work with SAP V2 module (It supposedly supports SAP). I think I might try a Nokia N79.

Just an FYI. My new Nokia N86 works well with SAPV2.

OK, the N86 isnt quite perfect, it wont transfer contacts. Dialing 0000 causes it to disconnect from the car and drop out of rsap mode. The car just shows "Tel" and the rest is blank. :(

Anyone seen this behaviour before with Nokias? Do contact have to be stored on the SIM?

I think the phone has to drop out of rSAP to transfer the contacts via std bluetooth. It takes a while, then it will re-establish the rSAP connection.

I stored all my contacts in the phone memory. (Nokia E65 and N85)

On my CLK, when paired with my N95 the contacts needed to be on SIM for the adaptor to see them.

Jus my 2p :dk:

I know that, if the manual is anything to go by, different car models behave differently with the SAPV2.

In the S211, the SAPV2 will download SIM contacts automatically. You can also download phone contacts - without anything having to be on the SIM, but you have to do the 'dial 0000' routine to get those contacts onto the car. It takes an age, as whitenemesis says, but it gets there in the end.

Can other MB models also respond to this routine? Baron - is it worth a try?

I'll try the '0000' jobbie tonight :D

If it works it'll save the aggravation of saving contacts to SIM!

Trouble is my N86 wont let me save the contacts to the Sim, I cannot set a default save location of anywhere but the phone. I can tick and untick reading contacts from the Sim.

My old N70 would let me save to Sim, I cant work out if this is a firmware limitation, some sort of feature I've enabled that has a side effect of not allowing contacts to be saved to the SIM or just Nokia being awkward.

:eek: I just had to tell the phone to view Sim contacts before it will let you default to storing to Sim. Will give it a try later, maybe it will read them off the sim.

Aghhh, no luck with contacts on the sim either. "0000" still acts the same, trying to dial from contacts no longer says no contacts but there is a pause for a few seconds and this it just goes back to displaying the mobil operator name.

Is there a firmware upgrade for the SAP V2 or does anyone have any ideas how to make contacts work?

The 0000 method of syncing contacts uses Nokia Sync. I have found that syncing the phone with PC Suite on the PC installs some support software on the phone which then makes contacts sync work using BT SAP.

Can anyone tell me what is required to use a iphone 3gs with the comand and seering wheel controls on a 56 reg W211?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom