Computer Speed Displays only KPH

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dcallaghan

I have a 2001 C230K coupe with command etc. I cannot set the speed display on the 'computer' display to display anything other than the speed in KPH. The setting to display speed or temperature is missing. The setting for 'distance' is set to miles. It doesn't work how it is described in the manual.

Can anyone help?

PS I meant the Instrument Cluster display when I quoted 'computer' display.

Last edited:
rdcw said:
do you have the command set to united kingdom in the SYS settings?
Dr Williamson

I don't have a setting to change the country, but it is diplaying the country as United Kingdom. I have also tried setting the language to English (Imp) without success.

I do not think it is possible to change the speed from km's to miles(on digi display) if you need to know mph look at your speedo...lol
Seriously I remember a thread on here covering the subject.

Joe

Easy way to calculate Kmph to Mph

for two figure numbers multiply the first number by 6 ie 80 kmp 8 x 6 = 48

for three figure numbers multiply the first two numbers by 6 ie 160 kmp 16 x 6 = 96

joe said:
I do not think it is possible to change the speed from km's to miles(on digi display) if you need to know mph look at your speedo...lol
Seriously I remember a thread on here covering the subject.

Joe

Yep, it was established that it's only possible to do this on AMG clusters on a RHD drive car. It is possible to change it to display temp on LHD cars so presumably that's how it crept into the manual

I might hack the instrument cluster software and see if I can add a few displays of my own. Anyone have a spare instrument cluster I can borrow? The wife won't be impressed if I start pulling her new car apart!

PS Might also hack the comand software. What other issues are there with it, apart from the TV turning off when you get moving?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom