Copper R129 with matching leather

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Like that lots, my type of car!

What a lovely looking car!

Horrible advert, too many adjectives, not enough hard fact

Love the colour scheme. Shame they did not clean the wheels or fix the headlamp wiper. Just wonder what else has been skimped on.

What a lovely looking car!

Horrible advert, too many adjectives, not enough hard fact

It always amazes me that poor spelling, everything in capitals and the ubiquitous "I'm not really bothered about selling" statement is supposed to attract a buyer.

I also suspect that in the flesh, that car will be a dog.

The car looks tired, and as Derek says, shouldn't it be a V6? The next copied paragraph speaks volumes, and I'm with Bluebell on this! What sort of statement is "showing only 130,000 miles"? Not too many extras below!

THIS IS SURELY, IT MUST BE ONE OF THE BEST SL AVAILABLE!
SHOWING ONLY 130,000 MILES!
FILLED WITH LOADS OF EXTRAS, 16" ALLOYS, REMOTE CENTRAL LOCKING, 4 SEATS, ELECTRIC SEATS, ELECTRIC WINDOWS, ELECTRIC SEATS, MULTISTACK CD PLAYER, MULTISTACK CASSETTE HOLDER, ABS, SRS, EXTRA DOOR COMPARTMENT SPACE, HEAD LIGHT WINDOW WIPERS, SPARE TIRE, CRUISE CONTROL, SPORTS BOX!

THE LIST JUST GOES ON...

I think the interior is shockingly poor taste and clashes badly with an exterior colour that doesnt suit the car at all. That colour is best left for small hatchbacks.

It looks like a car made from others with the interior lifted from a Mille Miglia. An engine that doesnt match the year, The panoramic roof that this one likely would have had is no more and that steering wheel looks like an ebay special. Not sure the wheels were an option in 1998 either.

Definitely a wrong-un that car.

Not my cup if tea. The sears look like nasty Japanese plastic and the exterior colour is too bland but hey, each to his own

The rust will be hard to see though ill give you that

Went to see this about September-October last year..... I would avoid...

It was up on gumtree (not in Leicester though), somewhere in the North West, near Bolton....

The owner was not budging down from £4.5K..... I said i would be happy to pay that provided, it was as he described which was immaculate...

He failed to mention the rusty driver side wing (which is mentioned this time at least), I asked him numerious times on the phone about rust and he said there wasnt a speck of it....

The front bumper was scuffed, and badly repainted.... The designo two tone steering wheel was in tatters, and held together by one of those cheap cover things you'd find in a Middle East W123 taxi, it was tired to say the least....

There was other evidence of badly matched paint....

The final slap in the face after a 160mile trip was in the advert he had lied about the mileage, he had said something like 116k iirc, but it was over 130K when i went up.... This didnt get picked up on the HPI, as the HPI wouldnt go through, as he was quoting me the wrong registration over the phone, when i queried him about it, he said , it was maybe to do with the fact that he had just gone through the process of removing his private plate (for which i had to wait 2weeks for before I could go and view), which read something like CLO06H for CLOUGH, I, in my head put it down to a DVLA glitch or something, but as he seemed genuine and I was going to his home address, this made me feel at ease somewhat.....

In the end I didnt even bother with a test drive.... didnt even get an apology from the owner, gave him a piece of my mind and came home...

Dont know if its the same seller trying it on again (cutting out part of the numberplate in the pics is right up his street, and no pics of the steering wheel) the advert could be something he would conjure up but then again maybe not....

Lesson learned for me is that im never travelling over 100miles to view a car again....

Lesson learned for me is that im never travelling over 100miles to view a car again....

That's easy to say after you've bought a 124 cab! ;)

I think the interior is shockingly poor taste and clashes badly with an exterior colour that doesnt suit the car at all. That colour is best left for small hatchbacks.

It looks like a car made from others with the interior lifted from a Mille Miglia. An engine that doesnt match the year, The panoramic roof that this one likely would have had is no more and that steering wheel looks like an ebay special. Not sure the wheels were an option in 1998 either.

Definitely a wrong-un that car.

I'm pretty sure the wheels were available on that model year car or at least I was interested in an immaculate 2 owner (the seller and a family friend) SL500 that was a 1998 car with those wheels from new. Panoramic roofs were an option as were designo leather seats in different colours (my 1998 SL60 has those). That said I am not that familiar with SL320s and have it in the back of my mind that the engine change may have changed earlier than the change away from the M119 V8 engine.

There were a lot of unsold m104's still being registered in '98. Mine is a '97 and 8 holes were still standard then. As Dan says Pano roof was still an option. Suspect that car was built in '97 and the challenging colour probably had it hanging around on the showroom floor.

Doesnt stop that one being a dog - which it is, but i do the in the spec/interior/wheels are correct, it is though just a dog. Then again for £5k you cant expect not to spend money on making it right....

I saw an immaculate 12 cylinder 129 in that colour in Muscat a year or so back, one of the nicest looking 129's I have ever seen, interior was mushroom - very nice looking car in the flesh.

The colour was a lot more common on the first generation SLK's....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom