• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Cupholder flap W202

hbhudia

Car
1999 C230K
Hi everyone,
does anyone know how I can remove the unit that is below the armrest where the cupholder goes. The auto-sliding flap has stopped sliding and i wanted to remove the unit to grease up the moving parts.

Can anyone help pelase?

thanks

You'll need to take out the armrest itself in order to check if the mechanism has gone on it. There is a HOWTO about armrest removal, you need to search for it.

NW_Merc said:
You'll need to take out the armrest itself in order to check if the mechanism has gone on it. There is a HOWTO about armrest removal, you need to search for it.

I took out the entire armrest, and took out the mechanism, there appeared to be nothing wrong with it, so i just greased up the areas where grease was previously applied. This made no difference at all. Something is definetly broken. I think I will have to get a new one along with one of the brilliant cupholders!!

I dont suppose anyone knows the price for the auto-slide mechanism thing.. i got the part number 202 680 12 79. If not I shall call the stealers tommorrow.

thanks.

Try Dronsfields, see if they have a 2nd hand unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom